The Bitching Board Part II
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Hi Everyone!! Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Hi Everyone!! Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're back, bitches...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi Everyone!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JakeAtShooters

JakeAtShooters

Antall Innlegg : 20

Hi Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Hi Everyone!!   Hi Everyone!! Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:00 pm

I briefly introduced myself on the RPG board. I thought I'd give a little bit more of an in depth introduction here so you could get to know me a little better.

My name is Dan. I'm 34 years old, and I was a huge Melrose Place fan back in the 1990's during my high school and college years. I saw every single episode of the show when it aired, never missing one single episode. From the pilot all the way to Asses to Ashes, I saw every single one of them. The peak of my fan obsession basically came in season 3. I don't think there was a storyline that took place that season that didn't interest me. I can vividly remember that I literally did not want to go to the bathroom during commercial breaks for fear that I'd not make it back in time and miss something important. I remember all throughout the summer of 1995, I couldn't wait for the premiere to see the explosion. Season 4 & 5 were okay, but I felt the writing was just missing something. The loss of so many of the longtime mainstay characters after season 5 decreased my interest in the show and the last 2 years of the show, I don't remember too much of the plotlines outside of Michael's storylines.

When the show ended, I moved onto other shows and like many others I began watching reality tv in the 2000s. But even now 12 years laster, I still find myself missing the good ol Melrose Place Monday nights. I didn't watch the new version of the show when it came out a year or two ago. I didn't have the channel. But from the sound of it, it doesn't sound like I missed very much.

In 2007, I began playing MMORPGs on the computer, and I developed a new love for roleplaying and writing. And only in the past year or two, I realize how much I enjoy writing. About a couple of months ago, I was bored and surfing around on youtube and I wound up watching some old Melrose Place clips from season 2 & 3. And when I did, I realized how much I had missed that show and I actually went back and started watching entire episodes online. I watched all of season 3 over the course of a couple of weeks and finally decided to write out a fanfic story that I've had in my head for many years, but I just never took the time to write out or do anything with. So when I moved on to other things in my life, that story of mine got filed away back in a dark little corner in my brain. But having recently been watching old MP episodes again, it got rediscovered. ANd I decided that before I lose interest and move on to other things again, I was going to make sure to write out my story and post it online. So I have half of it written out. And I wasn't completely satisfied with just posting it on fanfiction.net, so I began looking to see if there were any MP sites around that I could post my story.

ALmost all of the old MP sites I use to visit back in the mid to late 90's have long since been taken down. Then I came across your little gang here and I saw the exchange back and forth and that a few of you enjoy writing too. So I thought I'd give you guys a try. I posted the first half of my story on the RPG section already. I'm not sure exactly how it's done or what the policy is, but I'm open to any kind of feedback whether it's comments or somebody else writing their own conclusion to my story, I'd just love to hear anything. And besides that, I saw the way you all do things on here, and I really think it's neat and I hope I can share some of my ideas as well as get yours.

From what I read this seems like a very small group, but a very good group of creative and positive thinkers. And I really hope I can be a part of what you all have going here.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Dan

Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

Hi Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!!   Hi Everyone!! Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:43 pm

Welcome Dan! Always nice to have a new face here on the board, particularly Jake's handsome one in your icon, haha lol! You're not too much older than most of us folks here, for me MP was elementary-junior high-high school years, (I'm 27) and I got into as I went along, as I was quite young when the show first started but I've seen every episode several times, and of course agree w/ you that 12 years later, they still don't make them like MP anymore...it is sad that most fan sites (Mancini, Phelz, and I are veterans of Melroseman's site, one of the bigger MP sites out there for awhile even after the show ended) I think we can generally agree the last 2 seasons were not as good (I've rewatched them the least myself) and it def is because of the departures, it just wasn't the same w/o all the characters in season 5, and I too, find it harder to recall plot lines, particularly from season 6, so there is def no shame in that here lol! Trust me you didn't miss anything w/ the remake. It could've been great, but it was done SO unbelievably badly...just remember Melrose the way it was, IMO, no need to ever bother w/ the remake..

I have started reading your fanfic, and I do like what I am reading! You def get the show and the characters (a hell of a lot more than I can say for the people that actually GOT to write for the remake) I will give more in depth comments later, but we have one main RPG, and then, as you have done, if you'd like to add little fanfics here and there (between episodes seasons, changing the way things happened to go in another direction) we welcome. We were waiting on one of our writers to pick up the next part of the RPG and it has temporarily fallen by the waste, but your presence here could help change that..

I am glad you've found MP again, and come across our group here, you're a welcome addition, and we look forward to having you here and getting to know you better as well..
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

Antall Innlegg : 59

Hi Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!!   Hi Everyone!! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:16 am

Welcome to our little slice of MP fandom lol! Not to sound cliche but the more the merrier! I'm pretty sure we're all pretty open around these parts so feel free to do/say anything you like. I haven't gotten around to reading the fanfic yet though. But it's always exciting to get a new member since I'm pretty sure we haven't in a loooooooooooong time. You aren't the one who I referred this board to on IMDB are you Dan?

I think I'm pretty much the baby of the group here at 24 lol so I was very young when it aired and wouldn't have known what the hell was going on. I don't remember how I discovered MP but somehow I stumbled onto a fansite like what 6-8years ago (that no longer exists), the funny thing is I never saw it when it originally aired on TV. Only through reading stuff here and there, small video clips was I able to get a taste of MP but I became an instant fan nonetheless. I've only discovered the joy of the full experience (well almost full, aside from the music changes and some possibly cut scenes) on DVD the last 2-3years. And it did not fail to further amaze me!
Back to top Go down
JakeAtShooters

JakeAtShooters

Hi Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!!   Hi Everyone!! Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Lexi, if you are the one who posted the refferal to this site on the IMDB board, I'm not the one you were directly referring that post to. But it was that post that allowed me to find you guys here. So I guess you can say it was you who reffered me here. Plus you guys looked like you could use some new faces, and maybe I can help get the RPG going again. I'm currently writing the 2nd half of my fanfic, it's my major project at the moment. But once I'm done, I'd be happy to do any other kind of RPing or fanfic. I'm open to anything.

I look forward to hearing your comments, suggestions and opinions on my fanfic. Like I said, it's a good 8-10 years in the making. And if you guys or anybody else wants to RP or write your own version of what happens next, that would be just fine by me. I am eager for any kind of feedback. It's really too bad, Lexi, that you were too young to enjoy the show when it first aired. There was nothing like Melrose Mondays during the mid 90's. Season 3 just took the cake for me. I mean literally in the commercials leading up to the opening of the show, my stomach would be in knots and I could hardly wait to see what was going to happen cause you always knew they'd start out with something big right off the bat. But thank heavens for dvds and the internet so people like me can go back and relive those days and you can experience them. I hate the music changes on the dvds though. BUt if you check out youtube, you can still get a few of the scenes with the original music. The one song I've been looking forever to find is "Love Never dies." which is the song that plays in the background in Jo's apartment when Jake is trying to get back together with her late in season 2. I've been looking for years to try to find that song.

Anyways, it's a pleasure meeting both of you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

Antall Innlegg : 337

Hi Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!!   Hi Everyone!! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Hello Dan and welcome to the cult erm. . . board. We're few but we welcome any new member, and as devoted to the show as you seem we will only be stronger! (Ok, now I sound like Martin Abbott hehehe) I will try to read your fanfic when I got some time to read through it properly. I've been a fan since 1995 when I watched my first episode Framing of the Shrews.

Trust me you did not miss anything with the update/remake. It was garbage and only ruined your opinion on MP. Hopefully I get amnesia like Michael and forget that part of Melrose ever existed.

Well folks Hugh Grant, Ashton Kutcher and so on. Forget all of them. I want Thomas Calabro on Two and a Half Men!! Very Happy Of course he'd play Michael Mancini. Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Go in love!
Back to top Go down
http://my.flightmemory.com/helljay
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

Hi Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!!   Hi Everyone!! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:52 pm

Hell Yes, Thomas Calabro on Two and Half men, to quote on Syd in Season 5, NOW we're talking lol!
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com
JakeAtShooters

JakeAtShooters

Hi Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!!   Hi Everyone!! Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Wow. It sounds like you all are pretty much in agreement that the remake was total garbage and I didn't miss anything by not seeing it. Well, I have no intentions of watching it now if I ever did before. Anyways, great to meet you all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi Everyone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone!!   Hi Everyone!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bitching Board Part II :: Off Topic Discussions-
Jump to: