The Bitching Board Part II
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Thomas Calabro's Official Website Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Thomas Calabro's Official Website Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're back, bitches...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thomas Calabro's Official Website

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

Thomas Calabro's Official Website Empty
PostSubject: Thomas Calabro's Official Website   Thomas Calabro's Official Website Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:47 am

www.thomascalabro.com

Here is what he said of the MP Years in his bio:

1992-1999 Melrose Place Television Series (Age 33-40)
TV Movies- Sleep Baby Sleep, Stolen Innocence, LA Johns
Gravity Shoes – a play at the Hudson Guild Theatre
1996 Direct my first Melrose Place episode
1993ish – get LA Voice Over Agent – Sandie Schnarr talent

"How blessed was I! I was actually doing a commercial when the day they wanted to test me on this
show and I told them I wouldn’t miss the paying gig for the “maybe I’ll get it” audition. They were
very nice to arrange the audition for the network during my lunch hour of the commercial shoot. And
I got it. I was a series regular again and showed my appreciation by becoming the only one to stay
with the show beginning to end.
I knew a good ride when I was on it. A female reporter asked me
when the show first came out how it felt to be an overnight success. I said it was a very long
night – about fourteen years. For some reason, she didn’t find that funny. I found it extremely
entertaining going to work on average 3 out of 8 shooting days and having a regular acting gig for
the first time in my life that went more than four months. And the pay wasn’too bad either.

During these years I got married. Did a number of television movies, a play, and basically handled
my own renegotiation of my MP acting contract. There's a book in that story alone.

I also switched agents in 1996, I think it was. Went with Adam Levine of Metropolitan Talent
Agency. Had my wife phone up a bunch of agents to ask if they were interested and Adam was most
enthusiastic. It turned out great. Three years later he became a manager and I went with him as he
agreed to keep his commission at 10% (not the usual managerial fee of 15%) and work for me without
an agent involved. (I don’t believe in double representation). Our relationship lasted ten years -
until 2005."

How respectful and classy is he? Seems like such a great guy and down to earth. And also, here he is saying the shooting schedule is easy while on the THS and other places cast members were complaining that the schedule was "too exhausting". The other cast members should've learned from this class act...
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

Antall Innlegg : 337

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Calabro's Official Website   Thomas Calabro's Official Website Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 12:47 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX1qqXuOG7Q

Watch this interesting interview where Calabro talks about his days on Melrose actually revealing that he was more close to the people behind the camera than the actors. He really is down to earth.
Back to top Go down
http://my.flightmemory.com/helljay
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Calabro's Official Website   Thomas Calabro's Official Website Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:59 pm

Yeah, he's "a real class act" lol! Seriously, that's nice to know, that he didn't like he was "better" than the crew and actually became better friends with them...
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Calabro's Official Website   Thomas Calabro's Official Website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas Calabro's Official Website
Page 1 of 1