The Bitching Board Part II
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

It's Official Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

It's Official Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're back, bitches...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's Official

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

It's Official Empty
PostSubject: It's Official   It's Official Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:07 pm

http://perezhilton.com/2010-05-18-melrose-cancelled Mad

Fuck the CW, they fucked the show up so bad it couldn't be repaired, all I have to say...
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

Antall Innlegg : 337

It's Official Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official   It's Official Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:53 am

Fuck 'em all bom

Now we never get to see Amanda's games towards Ella.

But I'm not mourning, the show was to shitty for that. Soon we'll all forget that this ever happened - trust me!
Back to top Go down
http://my.flightmemory.com/helljay
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

It's Official Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official   It's Official Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:08 am

I agree, completely, I just don't feel nearly as bad as I did when the original was cancelled...this show was only around a year, they screwed it up really badly, and we knew this was coming, so while I am dissapointed we'll never see what happens next (the next part of the Amanda and Ella's showdown, if Alison is the P in WPK, and the fallout from Michael's defective heart valve) t's not nearly as hard to get over it...to quote Michael, how bout we move on, hmm? Very Happy

now, how bout we get back to the RPG and show them it's REALLY done, hmmm lol!
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

Antall Innlegg : 88

It's Official Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official   It's Official Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:52 am

I can't be that sad either..let's face it, the new show was a bullshit attempt at recreating the magic of a show those asshole writers probably haven't even watched.

I rewatched the old series finale yesterday night and that will be the only real ending in my head. I don't think that atmosphere is possible to be created again this day and age. It's nice to come up with similar shows like Desperate Housewives, but no MP remake could ever live up to what we had. I sound so fucking old, and stuck in the 90's which I guess I am Very Happy

Let's just say 'Asses to Ashes' and forget this ever happened Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

It's Official Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official   It's Official Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:38 am

Quote :
let's face it, the new show was a bullshit attempt at recreating the magic of a show those asshole writers probably haven't even watched.

Couldn't agree more, it was pretty damn obvious these writers never watched the original...when it came to the old characters, for the most part, they were either making up shit that didn't happen, (i.e. Amanda never stole from D&D, it doesn't very plausible that Syd had a daughter she never mentioned) or they were completely ignoring mentioning their past altogether (Jane's and Michael's daughter, her and Kyle, Jo, what happened with Dominick, what exactly had Syd been up to all these years, etc), because they clearly didn't know these characters...sometimes, you just cannot redo the past...
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

Antall Innlegg : 337

It's Official Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official   It's Official Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Yeah all that shit you both mentioned + killing off Sydney within the first few minutes of the new series made this doomed from the beginning. But I guess we all hoped so much and wished so much that this could make us feel like in the old days that we kept trying to imagine ourself it would happen. In other words we fooled ourselves, but it was worth it. I'd regret it if I never watched this update and wondered what happened even if people told me it was garbage. I rewatched the pilot when it aired here and the only real Melrose feeling I had was in the first scene when Sydney was alive and in trouble as usual - right after, when she floated in the pool (what a cliche, btw!) and they focused on the new characters that feeling was gone. This show produced only one good character and that was Ella. All the others were completely boring and uninteresting (and bad actors) - it's hard to get viewers when noone is interesting. Like you said they screwed up all the old ones too. I don't like to admit it, but the only comeback I enjoyed was Amanda's. Michael was slightly cool, but he was too much changed, too evil for his good own and got too little screen time. Sydney, Jane and Jo were all three completely wasted for this update and there was no point in bringing them back. Sadly.

P.S. I like your new icon "Kimberly" Smile
Back to top Go down
http://my.flightmemory.com/helljay
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

It's Official Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official   It's Official Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:44 pm

Yeah, I agree completely. We fooled ourselves, but it was worth it. I guess we cannot blame ourselves for wanting to recapture the glory of the old days... I also agree with you. I just a good feeling about the whole thing the moment Syd was found in the pool...I enjoyed Amanda's comeback, but felt they changed her too much too. I mean Amanda may have been a bitch, but she was no con-artist, or thief...like Ella said, instead of the "queen of sheeba" she was once, they just made her "a desperate washed up bitch." They went too far on Michael being evil, as you said, and like Syd, the fun side of him wasn't there as much, and he didn't get nearly enough screen time. We don't even need to discuss Jo and Jane...Part of me is glad Jake, Alison, Peter, Billy, and Kimberly weren't a part of this, because at least they didn't have the chance to screw them up, too...but alas, it's not our fault for being willing to give the show a shot despite the low ratings and other fans of the original putting it down, again, it's simply the producers, writer, and most of the newer actors, fault, for simply doing a bad show and not doing MP justice...save for Ella, I hope Katie goes on to do well in her career...some people have compared season 1 of this MP to the original and how it was struggling. I've started watching the original again, and sorry, even at it's cheesiest, the original MP's first season is so much better...
Back to top Go down
JakeAtShooters

JakeAtShooters

Antall Innlegg : 20

It's Official Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official   It's Official Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:24 am

I promised I would never watch the remake after hearing how bad it was. Well curiosity got the better of me, and I went to youtube and watched the first 15 minutes of the pilot episode. And all I can say is Wow. Good god did this show look terrible. It doesn't have the feel of the old Melrose Place at all. And I want to know is who wrote this crap?

Seriously, I've read you all's RPGs on here and we could have all written a much better show than this piece of garbage. The thing that really ticks me off about it is not only did this show suck, but it completely ruined the credibility of anything that happened in the original that we all love. I mean 2 things that just don't make sense:

1. How do you bring Sydney back to life only to kill her off in the first 10 minutes of the show? What were they thinking? And I have read about how they explained how Michael helped her fake her death which also makes no sense. Why would Sydnay want to fake her death to begin with? What "enemies" was she running from? And why would Michael help her? He never cared about Sydney. Not only that, but at the time of her accident, Michael was laid up in a hospital bed after being thrown through a windown by Peter. So he couldn't have helped her even if he wanted to.

2. How the hell does Michael have a grown son? The first kid he had was the baby that he and Taylor had in season 7. And that kid would have been about 10 years old at the start of the show.

It just totally destroys the credibility of the first show. The original show was special. And it's like they dug it up out of it's grave, urinated on it, and then re-burried it upside down.

Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

It's Official Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official   It's Official Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:50 pm

I knew you'd see it our way when you did ultimately give in to your curiousity about the remake..
It was garbage written by people who obviously didn't see more than maybe the fifth season finale of MP...

As for point 1, which he have addressed frequently here, as to why the hell they thought it was a good idea to kill Syd, seems the producers thought that having a murder mystery surrounding a character we liked/cared about would garner interest in the show..bullshit, I say, when has killing a beloved, popular character EVER been good for a show??? Evil or Very Mad And it backfired, BIG TIME, your point is a perennial and main one, why the hell would they bring back a character who already DIED, and get people excited, thinking, "oh, we get Syd back" only to kill her right away?? IDIOTS. And we were cheated out of what could been some great episodes with Sydney still alive...

As for point 2, also a good one, its clearly obvious David was supposed to be Jake's son, David, it was even reported very early on thats who the character was. What happened, apparently, is that Grant Show didn't want to do the remake, so they went ahead and changed it to make him Michael's son, also, a bad idea. Even if Grant wouldn't have done the show, they should've still said he was Jake's, it would've made a hell of a lot more sense, considering we never had any inkling of Michael having a son on the original and we KNEW Jake had a son named, you guessed it, David...and speaking of kids that don't make sense, Syd having a kid we didn't know about (we learn Violet is apparently hers in episode 2) ?? Don't buy that one, either..

I think the best thing for us as fans to do is just pretend the whole remake never happened...also, you likely didn't watch that much, but they hardly went into what's happened in Jo and Jane's lives, making it obvious they knew about them from the original other than Jane was a designer and Jo was a photograher, the reunion w/ the 4 "living" melrosians was only a minute, and we learned nothing about the past 10 years of their lives...so yeah, if you want to know whats up whats up with the characters now, stick to the RPG, its a hell of a lot better lol!
Back to top Go down
JakeAtShooters

JakeAtShooters

Antall Innlegg : 20

It's Official Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official   It's Official Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Yeah, Jake's son makes David makes more sense. And you are totally right, they could have still had David be Jake's son even if they couldn't get Grant Show to return. It would have made a lot more sense that way. Cause Jake's son David would be about that age by now. But Michael's son? For Michael to have a son that age he would had to have had it about 4 or 5 years before the original Pilot episode back in the summer of 1992. Which means he had either already cheated on Jane, or he got some girl pregnant while he was in college. Both scenarios would have been plausible except for the fact that on the entire 7 year original series, Michael never even slightly hinted that he had a son. We heard nothing about a son until he got Taylor Pregnant.

I think I'll stick to you guys and the RPG board here to know what's going on at Melrose Place these days, cause those idiot writers sure didn't get it.
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

It's Official Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official   It's Official Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Yep, that's what I'm saying, even though its possible Michael got someone pregnant in college or just after he met Jane, neither Michael NOR Syd ever gave ANY hint during the series that they had children..Michael didn't want children yet, and seemed to think they were too much of an expense/would get in the way of a career, and Syd disliked Jane's mom for giving Jane up, and claimed Jo had a kid fixation after giving up Austin when Jo connected w/ Tyler, wouldn't she have been more sympathetic to them both if she'd given up a child herself?? And absolutely, they still could've made him Jake's son, even if Grant didn't come on the show..the connection to Jake still could've been nice, and they still could've had Michael as the doctor at the hospital where Lauren worked..those idiot writers just didn't think..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's Official Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official   It's Official Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Official
Page 1 of 1