The Bitching Board Part II
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Happy Melrose Day!  Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Happy Melrose Day!  Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're back, bitches...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happy Melrose Day!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

Happy Melrose Day!  Empty
PostSubject: Happy Melrose Day!    Happy Melrose Day!  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Happy Melrose Day to you all! Makes me feel old that it was 19 years ago today, here's wishing CTS luck in getting together that 20th anniversary reunion special for next year...nearly 2 decades and this show continues to still have such an impact, and so long we're all around I know it always will, here's to you all cheers Now pick out your favorite episode and celebrate!
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com
JakeAtShooters

JakeAtShooters

Antall Innlegg : 20

PostSubject: Re: Happy Melrose Day!    Happy Melrose Day!  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Oh my god? Has it really been 19 years already. Wholly Cow. It seems like just last week that the 8 new tenants of Melrose Place were having a pool party. I remember it all so well. I was a freshman in high school and Beverly Hills 90210 basically dominated the tv ratings and the talk in school during the 91-92 year. And of course I was totally addicted to it. Then in the spring of 92, during 90210 commercials they began showing trailers to a new show that was "from the same producers who brought you Beverly Hills 90210, there is a place just around the corner. Melrose Place." or something to that effect, I don't remember what the exact words were. But we never got that much of an explanation about the show during these trailers, nor did we see any of the people who'd be on the show, just various short snidbits of Los Angeles scenary.

Then, there came the day that Grant Show guest starred on Beverly Hills 90210 as Jake Hansen. They introduced him as an old friend of Dylan McKay, and the guy who taught Dylan to surf and ride a motorcycle. After the season finale of 90210, they finally revealed the people who would be starring in Melrose Place. At the time, I didn't know a damn one of them except for Jake. Then after a month more of trailers, it was that fateful summer day in 1992 that Melrose Place was brought into our homes and our lives were never the same after that. It was a bit slow in the begining, before the show got Heathersized, as the series just appeared to be a weak stepsister to 90210, but by the following year, man was it good.

As I've said many times, the 3rd season was head over heels better than any other season in my view. To me, that was when it was at it's peak. You could pick out any episode from that year and practically call it my favorite. But if I had to pick one episode out to call my favorite, it would have to be "They shoot mothers, don't they." This was the 2 hours mid-season special that year. First of all, it started out with a kick ass song during it's opening guest star credit segment "Fire on Babalyon." by Sinead O'Conner. Yes, it is truly sad that I still remember that, I know. LOL. And we also had so many awesome villians. You had Peter & Caitlin who were scheming to try to frame their two biggest enemies, Amanda & Michael. You also had Rikki, Martin, & the cult who were introduced to Sydney in this episode. This was also the episode where Jo's year long fued with the Carters over custody of her baby finally came to it's conclusion. There just wasn't a dull moment in that entire episode. I was lucky enough to record that episode when it first aired, and I replayed it over and over again until the tape finally wore out. Razz
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Happy Melrose Day!    Happy Melrose Day!  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 3:42 pm

I was only in 3rd grade in '91-92, and 4th in '92-93, so it wasn't as much on people in my classes radar yet, lol Smile But I remember from second season on here, was some talk about 90210 and MP in the lunch room and during bathroom breaks...one time in the morning during season 4 me and friend got yelled at for talking MP instead of getting ready to start class Very Happy I was only 8 at the time, but my sister, then 13 watched 90210 and MP when it started, so I do vaguely remember the commercials and how anticipated it was..and my interest grew over the years and by season 3 I was totally hooked...I agree season 3 was the peak. In my opinion, seasons 4 and 5 were pretty great too. As I think we can all agree, season 6 is when the show took a nose dive, it just couldn't handle the departure of so many vital characters..

I agree that especially in those later season 3 episodes there wasn't a dull moment in them, and that is something that just doesn't hold true for TV today, not to mention, it was more exciting in the days before spoilers are blasted all over the internet, and you didn't know exactly what was going to happen. When the remake came around, I knew all the main plot twist before the show aired. They were pretty hard to avoid if you look up anything on MP...
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

Antall Innlegg : 59

PostSubject: Re: Happy Melrose Day!    Happy Melrose Day!  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Ah! I've been away for so long, need to so catch up on here! Yes, Happy Belated Melrose Day! I can't share any memories though considering I was only 5 when it began AND I'm repeating myself here: only discovered the show after it wrapped up. But that's what DVDs are for I guess lol. Although in DVD form it's not in its entire original form so maybe I'm missing out on the actual real-time experience.

I have yet to watch Season 6 and 7 for the first time but its on my summer to-do list! I know, I know, everyone keeps saying how crap it is but I'm just so excited to get my Jamie Luner years! Hey have you guys picked up the Season 6 DVDs yet? Or they even out in your regions yet???

Also don't know if you guys are DALLAS fans as well but a revival/continuation is officially coming back Summer 2012. I've never seen it but seems pretty epic. There's a preview out already if anyone's curiosity is piqued haha.
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

Antall Innlegg : 337

PostSubject: Re: Happy Melrose Day!    Happy Melrose Day!  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:27 pm

This date isn't special for me either. I didn't discover Melrose Place before the summer of 95, but oh what fun memories that bring Smile I remember getting over on my bike to my grandfather's apartment to catch the reruns of season 1 every Monday and Tuesday night that summer (I didn't get the channel it aired on) My first experience was when they aired Framing of the Shrews as season finale a few weeks before. Henry and Locklear attracted me to this show ha ha. No seriously I didn't watch Bevery Hills 90210 either back then, but I used to read a monthly magazine targeted at teens and they had many articles about the BIG three at that time (Baywatch, BH 90210 and MP) with lots of photos of Locklear and me being 13 liked of course those photos of Heather so I decided to check it out Smile

Henry was of course the one that gave the biggest impression being the cliffhanger at Casa Malibu Motel when he appeared in the mirror, he scared the shit out of me - and then I was hooked. Watching the cheesy episodes of season 1 later that summer was a MUST because I had to catch up on all that happened before Framing of the Shrews! They aired repeats then until January 1996 or so when they started the new season with The Big Bang Theory - the best episode in my opinion. They aired it as season premiere instead of finale here. So I jumped from the middle of season 2 (where we were at reruns) and to season 4. A big gap, but I couldn't resist to miss the original airing of the new episodes! By that time I was so hooked that it made me miss out on parental/teacher conferences, family dinners and hanging with friends. Nothing could make me miss out on my Tuesday MP fix (Yeah, Tuesday's was a bitch here.) It wasn't until later when reruns came on again that I got to watch the last part of season 2 and entire season 3. But those two are my favorites today. I agree with the villains, I liked all of them including Jess and Henry. Other favorites are Keith and Lauren. I always laugh when Alison screams at the phone calls and the stalking Very Happy lol. Later villains weren't that cool. Season 6 and 7 are better than most people give them credit for, it just feels a little empty, as something is missing, you know what I'm saying? And maybe there's too many regular characters in season 5 and 6 resulting in too many storylines and characters with only little screen time. I think that was why ratings declined. Viewers fell off the wagon. If you missed an episode or two you were lost, I guess that's why I never missed out on 'em haha. The only time that happened was when we were on vacation, I had no choice Smile I remember in the summer of 98 I had my aunt actually tape 3 episodes. She was supposed to tape 4 but then their VCR striked and I missed one. Devastating, hahaha! Ironically I was in the US on vacation that summer but at home new episodes of early/mid season 6 aired. I missed the episode SPOILER SULTRYLEXI: airing after Craig's suicide.

I agree with the internet and spoilers and not being able to resist reading. I am so fucking happy that this didn't exist back then. MP would never be that special and shocking if we watched and read spoilers. I am sure I wouldn't be able to resist watching YouTube clips and stuff if this was a show that aired now. Just think of it, what if you read that Kimberly would return from the dead and flip her wig online before ever watching it? Or finding out that Kimberly was hiring Megan to sleep with Michael (I remember how surprised I was the first time I saw Kimberly getting inside Megan's house.) And besides I compare all other shows to MP now. How they copy and make similar storylines Smile If you're still reading my shit now, I could also add that I watched episode 27 The Test yesterday on my DVD. Alison crawling back to D&D is so embarrassing, actually I think she was rude to act like she could just bounce back to her old job - that's why I loved that Amanda demoted her to the phones and whatever happened to Peri? Jake wanted to be friends with her! And Matt had a lover who died of AIDS! He never mentioned that when Jeffrey came around, did he? So much new tidbits to take notice of, even after probably watching that episode nearly 10 times before! ENJOY YOUR SUMMER GUYS sunny

P.S. Season 6 is not out in my region yet. I haven't watched Dallas, but I watched entire Dynasty the show Heather was on before Melrose Place. It's much more outdated than MP but quite fun, being a Spelling show I'm pretty sure that's the show MP got their catfight inspirations from Wink

EXAMPLE OF A SHOW THAT COPIES MP:
Happy Melrose Day!  Drshaw12
Back to top Go down
http://my.flightmemory.com/helljay
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Happy Melrose Day!    Happy Melrose Day!  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Haha, the Heather picture got you to check out MP lol! lol! You were a teenage boy, and human, after all lol! Even though most guys don't admit to watching MP, these sites and boards over the years have shown me there IS a secretly large male viewership, and yeah, that probably has something to do w/ it...

I agree that watching some of the episodes back last time repeats were on here, that season 6 and 7 weren't as bad as I originally remembered, but I think the first time around I was missing Syd, Kimberly, Alison, Jake, Jo and Matt, THAT is what was missing lol! We as viewers had spent a few seasons investing in these characters and now they were gone and for most the the characters that were left just couldn't make up for the departures, IMO...My sister DID the same thing in Summer of '98 with the premiere of the "Summer Of Love" leading to season 7, I had orientation that night for my Sophomore year of high school, and I was so pissed, lol Smile

I agree 100% it would have been so much less thrilling to watch if we had read about the major surprises that occurred on the original MP ahead of time. As for the remake, in a way I am glad I was warned about Syd ahead of time, otherwise, I think I'd have lost it watching the pilot! ..and as for "if you're still reading my shit now.." I ALWAYS read all your shit, Mancini, you know that lol! I just haven't had the energy to respond until now, long days at work, and random crap going on..As for the Test, great point, why DIDN'T Matt bring up having a previous lover die of AIDS to Jeffrey? You'd think Matt would've taken it harder to have to go through that again..As for Alison I agree 100%, it annoys me Lucy gave her her job back. When Lucy says, "I cannot think of one good reason why we shouldn't give her her job back.." Um, I can, she freaking left to follow her boyfriend to Seattle, she showed that whatever is going on in her personal life is more important than her career, and that she cannot be relied on, and is not loyal to the company, that'd be more than enough for me to not let her come back. She would've lucky enough if they had put on her on phones again for a long time...yeah, those who've known me over the years, as Mancini does, can see my sympathy for Alison has dwindled over the years, lol Smile Like Celia told Billy when he came back from New York in season 2, "you were junior editor, Campbell, and you quit, why because you were home sick for your girlfriend? Good God, why don't you just grow up!" Same could've been applied to Alison than...BTW, in that episode, "With This Ball and Chain," I believe, we know Billy had a meeting w/ Nancy about the job, but we don't see what happened, and I don't believe he ever even mentioned how it went, we just assume he got his job back? Celia said Nancy didn't look happy, lol Smile

Enjoy your summer as well Mancini and as always don't be a stranger here, bitch Wink The pic is too funny, definite proof of how much of an MP rip off DH is Smile
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

Antall Innlegg : 337

PostSubject: Re: Happy Melrose Day!    Happy Melrose Day!  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:39 pm

Yeah there is a large secret male fan base of MP Smile I don't know why, but I guess since it's a soap opera people look down at you for liking it, especially if you're a male. People have laughed at me for being a fan haha, that's why it's so liberating to meet real fans online who won't judge you, we just love to discuss our show Very Happy

Billy probably finally gave in to Nancy and slept with her to get his job back again Very Happy what is it with these two people moving to other cities then just to crawl back a few days later. . . I haven't seen that episode in a while but I remember I felt sympathy for Celia, she deserved to get that job instead and I can see why she was annoyed when he just quit. I don't remember now, but did she get it when he quit? I just remember that we didn't see much more from Escapade after that story line, just when he screwed them over in early season 3.

Yup I remember watching Marcia in that scene from season 1 of DH and my thoughts went immediately to the similar scene on MP. They sure copied that one! Or maybe Marcia Cross just loves red underwear Razz

You my friend need a vacation! I'm on my third and final week now, back to work on Monday. I came home from paradise last Friday, spent 14 days in the European party capital Ibiza. Long days in the sun and clubbing with some of the world's best DJs performing in the most famous nightclubs in the world 'till early morning Very Happy Alison would've loved it there with me hehehe, one night I got a little too much (different sort of drinks, mixed with beers and wine) and partly blacked out... shhhhh don't tell anyone! Wink at least I was sober in the morning (afternoon)! Laughing drunken Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://my.flightmemory.com/helljay
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Happy Melrose Day!    Happy Melrose Day!  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:51 pm

I couldn't agree more, and while it's slightly worse being a male MP fan, I think it's non gender-specific, we MP fans can take a beating from the general public at times, and there are times I've def been afraid to admit my obsession...but to quote Amanda, I really love it here, where we can talk about the love our of show, without fear, and if anyone does start saying shit, I am the admin and have the right to ban their asses lol!

Haha, maybe you're right he gave into Nancy that time Smile As for whether Celia got the job after the "Good God why don't you just grow up" comment I previously mentioned, Billy stated the job was hers if she wanted it to which Celia replied, "there IS no job to take, because you were such a Grade A L.A. flake, they plugged in someone from New York, so see you ruined it for both of us just by being you, thank you" LOL Smile So yeah, she definitely had a right to be pissed...and yep, no news on what happened to Escapade/Celia after Billy betrayed them and went to D&D, guess they figured it was just easier to have Billy at D&D too instead of having him work somewhere else and have to build that set, too...

Maybe it is in Marcia's contract she must wear red underwear and bra sets, after that Dr. Shaw freak out at the DH photo over things like where she was standing in the fucking photo and not getting to be able to choose her bathing suit first, I'd believe that, haha Very Happy

I DO need a vacation, I hoping to make up for it w/ a few next year...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Melrose Day!    Happy Melrose Day!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Melrose Day!
Page 1 of 1