The Bitching Board Part II
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Melrose Is Like A Box Of Chocolates Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Melrose Is Like A Box Of Chocolates Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're back, bitches...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melrose Is Like A Box Of Chocolates

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gjest

Melrose Is Like A Box Of Chocolates Empty
PostSubject: Melrose Is Like A Box Of Chocolates   Melrose Is Like A Box Of Chocolates Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 10:06 am

I'm going to let Kimberly do this commentary, but I can't resist adding a few comments of my own:

I noticed an error in Jane's speech when she and Alison are having breakfast (if you want to call it that - the oatmeal looks like slop... maybe Michael cheated on Jane because her cooking sucked) at the beginning of the episode. Jane tells Alison "the way you're handling poor Billy is inspired..." She should have said "inspiring." What she says does not make sense. I'm surprised the director didn't catch that in the edit booth.

Of course, I can't help but comment about how poor Richard's acting is. On the other hand, Sydney is amazing, especially in the scene when Peter comes to visit Amanda and she has to excuse herself. You can't beat her facial expressions.

I should also note that the makeup artists did a great job with the fading out of the character's injury scars. Specifically, I remember Jo's face progressively fading as the episode went on.

And finally, the biggest OMG of the episode. I can't believe I never noticed this before! When Amanda and Brooke are discussing Brooke wanting to come back to work at D&D, they are sitting on a couch. Right at the end of their discussion, after Amanda says Brooke can come back as Alison's assistant, Amanda stands up. As she does so she sort of spreads her legs a little bit. BANG! All I saw was a large fuzzy circle that sensors usually put up when something explicit is shown! Can you believe that!? First they miss Jane's incorrect wording, and now Amanda's crotch! Look what happens when Darren Star leaves the show. I wonder if they caught that when the episode originally aired or if it was only noticed in syndication. Maybe Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan were huge MP fans and drew inspiration from good old Amanda Woodward and her spreading of her legs.
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

Melrose Is Like A Box Of Chocolates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melrose Is Like A Box Of Chocolates   Melrose Is Like A Box Of Chocolates Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:25 am

Brooke: Man, I can just see going to my dad asking him for $100,000 to tide me over for the month, haha Very Happy Billy should've never married this spoiled little rich brat. I mean, Billy at one point was pissed at how women only looked at men for their money, then he marries a woman like Brooke who wants a man to buy everything for her, and not have to work for herself..

I love the look Syd gives after Amanda turns off her water and tells her she needs to pay for the hot water she is wasting, it's like something I'd do after my mom yells at me for something..

I agree about Jane, most of these characters went to college, as did the writers FOR the show, don't they know proper English. I agree what she is saying in general though. Alison IS saying, "don't feel sorry for me and leave me alone.." on the one hand, and trying everything in her power to get him to notice her again (ahem, falling in the shower naked, at least we didn't get a view of anything on CTS, like we would with Heather, later, LMAO Very Happy)

They did do a good job of fading out the scars, but they did so a little fast in my opinion..

As for Amanda, well I didn't even notice it, because I am generally not on the look out for Heather Locklear's crotch, Razz But leave it one of the guys on the board to notice THIS one, haha Razz

Edit: I rewatched the scene in question and you're indeed right, they
"blur" it out...this obviously means Heather was wearing a really short skirt and NO underwear, because God knows they've shown underwear enough on MP.. I cannot believe they didn't insist she wear underwear with such a short skirt..

Also, when Alison pushes Brooke out of the way, she seemed to know where to push her way too well for not being able to see in my opinion. I mean I KNOW she knew by her voice Brooke was near hear, but she didn't even have to feel around for her, just took out her arm and bam, moved her out of the way. Only mistake I think they really made with Alison's blindness. She could've just "Brooke get out of my way," and have Brooke move, it would've been just as forceful...

Jake is kind of an asshole in this episode, but I can understand he hadn't really dealt with his brother's death and was holding everything inside, he needed to do so..

Matt just keeps making things worse for himself by beating the shit out of people, that's all I can think of to say about that, lol Very Happy

Kimberly: Again, we see the brilliance that is Marcia Cross. That pencil in the hand gets me everytime, as does the scene following with Peter and telling him to tell her he loves her, amazing...

Michael and Peter: I can understand Michael thinking it's weird that Peter wants to help Kimberly. Michael doing the interviews with all those slutty looking women for the receptionist job, SO him, haha Very Happy Peter said he wanted someone hired who neither of them had any attraction to. But Michael slept with Syd a few times, can he honestly say he isn't attracted to her at all? Also, funny, again, how a character gets a job with the help of another character immediately after losing their last job, if only real life were that simple...
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com

Melrose Is Like A Box Of Chocolates
Page 1 of 1