The Bitching Board Part II
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Season 5 coming to DVD Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Season 5 coming to DVD Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're back, bitches...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Season 5 coming to DVD

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

Antall Innlegg : 337

Season 5 coming to DVD Empty
PostSubject: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:59 am

....but only the first half of the season so far...it's in February.

For more information:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Melrose-Place-Season-5-Volume-1/10889

I'm still waiting for season 4 Wink it's being released in region 2 in March.
Back to top Go down
http://my.flightmemory.com/helljay
Kimberly

Kimberly

Antall Innlegg : 88

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:01 pm

Releasing half of a season sounds really stupid...but still, at least they started releasing the dvds, and they will get to know the wrath of the melrosean sociopats if the rest doesn't follow Laughing
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 10:10 am

Seriously, and they are not even making it that much cheaper, why the hell not just release the whole thing?
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:27 am

Okay, according to the rear box art, there are NO extras, and they are charging about just as much for half a season! Way to geniuses at Paramount, you want more people to buy MP, selling it at the same price for only half a season, with absolutely NO extras is NOT the way to do it...I, of course, will buy it no matter what, but those aren't big, big fans, who are on the fence about buying MP on DVD this will not be an incentive..

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Melrose-Place-Season-5-Volume-1/11073
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:19 am

So yesterday my season 5 box dumped in my mailbox. At least in Europe it's released in only one box and I got it real cheap, less than 300 NOK, that's less than app. 50 dollars for the entire season. (At least that's cheap by DVD standards in Norway). But I didn't get that nice rear side you linked to here, with all those pictures. And I don't need to buy that pink, cute 2nd half of the season ha ha Wink

So when is the rest of the series due?
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 7:02 am

Haha, I haven't heard anything yet, Season 6 and 7 were probably the lowest rated when the series was on TV, so I don't know if there release it as they may feel there isn't as much of demand Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:46 pm

Well I demand it Mad they should release the complete series *beep*

Or else there's gonna be hell to be Twisted Evil serious hell! to quote Dr. Shaw
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

Antall Innlegg : 59

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:09 am

hmm....need a lil advice guys? I only have seasons 1&2 on dvd, and considering the rest of the releases have had no special features (except for season 3 which is basically just clip packages put together as feature right?) I'm wondering if I should buy the rest of the bare bones DVDs with having the 5th season split in 2 volumes and no features, I'd just be paying for package art lol if i didn't just download the eps.

I'm not picking up the rest yet considering they cost like $34.99-$44.99 canadian each, probably gonna wait till the holidays hoping they go on sale (that's when I got season 2 for $14.99 canadian!) but I'm an impatient kinda person so maybe I should just go download? should i? or is it worth it to get on DVD????

Oh and what's the rush on 6&7? I thought many, including you guys thought those were the times when it went down in quality?? Although I'd be psyched since those are the LEXI seasons Razz
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:53 am

My professional, opinion, lol, is that actually season 3 had some cool extras, but seasons 4 and 5 nada, not to mention the original music is changed and some scenes are even edited because of it, so I think season 3 is worth buying on DVD, but 4-7 download unless they do go on sale...
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:58 pm

NotTheDoctorKim wrote:
My professional, opinion, lol, is that actually season 3 had some cool extras, but seasons 4 and 5 nada, not to mention the original music is changed and some scenes are even edited because of it, so I think season 3 is worth buying on DVD, but 4-7 download unless they do go on sale...

hmm, how bad is the editing? severe? the music isn't a super bad thing tho as long as no scenes were severely cut. But thanx for the opinion! I only brought it up cuz i came across some sites with the original eps for download so i got excited since i wanted to continue from what i have on DVD lol (but at least my Melrose virginity is broken :p)
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:49 am

Yeah we're proud of you finally losing your virginity Wink there's no need to buy the DVDs. How many seasons have you watched? I even noticed that they changed the theme song to the pilot episode as well now, how disappointing Sad
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:31 pm

i'm back! again! lol. Omg! I was in a store today looking around, and I saw season 3&4 dvds on sale for $12.99 Canadian, so I snatched it up rite away. So i'm on my way to officially catching up. All my MP knowledge b4 is random clips and reading and reading lol. Can't wait to start season 3 2nite!

if season 5 vol.1+2 ends up being so cheap too i might just 4get about downloading lol. Still can't belive how badly the studio wanted to milk the sales by dividing into volumes tho, and even then at least put some extras on. So about the editing, having not seen the series when it was on TV, i dunno what would be cut or changed or whatnot, anyone wanna gimme examples? Is it really cut down? Like certain scenes are gone and whatnot???
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:44 pm

Music has been changed, but you don't need to worry about that since you're not used to original songs. I can never imagine Amanda firing Sarah Owens to another song than "Dreams" by the Cranberries. And several other examples (mainly the early seasons, music wasn't that special later) I so envy you that get to enjoy season 3 for the first time ever, I mean it's the best fucking season - will someone lobotomy my brain so that I can enjoy this shit too? Idea
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 5:07 pm

LoL Very Happy I haven't watched every episode of Season 5, but from what I've watched, none of the scenes are really cut, just the music changed, as Mancini said. It does suck they decided to divide it up into two volumes to get more money..
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:12 pm

Mine is not divided Smile I don't know how the episodes in season 5 is, like you said but maybe I should check it out, lol.
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Aww no need for lobotomies! :p, I think the 2vol season 5 edition was only done to region 1 North american customers (those bastards!), Shows u where their most greedy lol. I'm glad nothings deleted then! But I did read on someone's blog that in Season 2 they cut out an entire Billy karaoke subplot cuz the studio didn't wanna pay money for a Neil Diamond song....can anyone remember that?????
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:24 am

Although I've not checked it out myself yet, I've been told that Alison's old boyfriend Adam (in the episode where we meet Alison's parents the first time) performed a live version of the song "Alison" by Elvis Costello in a wedding. This scene is supposedly cut out from the DVD version. I have not watched it myself on DVD yet.
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Yeah, I think I was the source of your information there, lol Very Happy I can confirm that in that scene, yes, they just skip over the part where he sings..
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:54 pm

So I've been told, lol Smile and take that glarish piece of glass with you Smile
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:00 am

So just finished my s4 DVDs. So sad, no more MP for me for awhile! Now igotta wait for s5 to go on sale or search the net for some downloads lol. Hot damn! S4 was so crazy! There really was so much going on. After watching everything so far tho, i like s4 better than s3. Awww, i totally wanted Bobby and Syd to get together but it was funny watching her keep getting rejected by him. It was sad when he died, but then we wouldn't get Syd & Carter in s5 i guess and now their reunion on Pretty Little Liars! which btw is anyone watching???? Omg Betsy was so fantastically creepy! and the whole Alison/Jake thing seems like the writers thought "Oh! They haven't slept with each other yet! why not!" lol.

And Amanda finding out about Peter's scheme against Bobby (which is basically what led to his death!) and then forgive him 10secs later was a bit weird. She left Peter for Bobby because she "loved Bobby so much" but easily turned her back on him after, for her not to be affected by Bobby's downfall after finding out the truth was stretching it a bit. Brooke's death and Billy becoming Brooke was well done tho. The 1st appearance of Samantha, no opinions on her just yet. You guys maybe have a negative reaction to her because she got Sydney killed??? tongue lol. And Jo got such a crap exit! But Iguess it couldn't be helped if the actress didn't want to stay.
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:11 am

Yep, definitely so much going on, especially towards the end of Season 4. Yeah, Syd had this pattern of wanting guys who didn't want her. First Michael, then eventually Jake, now Bobby. Eventually, though, Syd finds guys who actually want her, as you mention, Carter being one. I have been watching PLL, but I'm not that interested in the rest of the show, so I just ff to LL's scenes, haha Smile It has been cool to see the Syd/Carter reunion..their characters look like they will be getting together...Betsy and Rita were awesome, wish they'd have stuck around longer lol! I agree about Jake and Alison, its like in the season 1 episode they never made it 100% clear if they'd slept together, so it was like they had to go ahead and officially answer the question of whether or not they've ever been together..

I always saw the whole Jack and Bobby thing as an obstacle to Peter and Amanda being together and knew he'd eventually be out of the picture and they'd be together again. I know she was pissed at first about finding out what Peter did, and did seem to get over it quicklu, but remember this is MP, where after a few months, apparently noone cares anymore if you tried to blow up the building and kill them Smile I mean look at how much Michael hated Kimberly at beginning of that season, and how by the end of season 4 he was totally in love w/ her again...Andrew Shue was never much of an actor, but him "becoming Brooke" and becoming a total asshole temporarily was some of his best acting work on the show...Samantha, well, running over Syd is a big part of the reason I don't like her, but not the only reason, she is just a pretty useless and boring character, you'll see what I mean...

I agree about Jo, I would've at least liked one more Jake and Jo scene after all those who had been through together..

Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:18 am

SultrySexyLexi wrote:
S4 was so crazy! There really was so much going on. After watching everything so far tho, i like s4 better than s3.

Haha, one more for Team Season 4! It really was what the show does the best- orgasmic craziness (and hawtness Cool ) Very Happy It's just amusing how after zillion rewatching, we still can't figure out how and why exactly Amanda married Jack while she clearly loved Bobby at the time, the Alison/Hayley mystery bullshit, and I'm sure there's many more that doesn't come to my mind now.

Season 5 is great too, but there's just something depressing about that entire season. Hope you'll enjoy the show, and I'm sure you can find the next season online after being released on dvd for almost a year!
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:24 am

Alison and Hayley was ridiculous. Knew that wouldn't last long and they only got together to piss off Billy and Brooke...

Amanda likely married Jack because she was afraid of him. I don't remember exactly when she said the abuse started, but my guess would be it was before they got married..

Season 5 was amazing, in my opinion, BUT yes depressing. For me, I think that was mainly because I knew for half the season most of my favorite characters were leaving at the end of the season, and a few of the characters had some sad things happen to them. Won't go into detail since u have yet to see the season....its good, but have some kleenex handy for certain episodes/scenes...
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:40 am

But there was a flashback in "Kimberly Does LA" with Bobby holding Amanda next to the campfire and saying "you don't have to marry Jack". Maybe he left for the military after making the promise? We really should read the book about Amanda, it could give the answers, or more possibly tell even more nonsensical bullshit Laughing

Yeah, season 5 is good for sad moods..it has 3-4 episodes that make me cry anytime, the only thing close to being that sad was probably the season 2 X-mas episode Sad
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:13 pm

Quote :
We really should read the book about Amanda, it could give the answers, or more possibly tell even more nonsensical bullshit

Yep, my guess would be the later, lol Very Happy

Quote :
Yeah, season 5 is good for sad moods..it has 3-4 episodes that make me cry anytime, the only thing close to being that sad was probably the season 2 X-mas episode

True, very true...I can definitely think of a few moments that got me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 5 coming to DVD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next