The Bitching Board Part II
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're back, bitches...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Season 5 coming to DVD

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

Antall Innlegg : 337

Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:59 pm

So now that you've watched four seasons. What else is your favorites? I.e. character? Yes season 4 is crazy, I remember missing one episode one week and that was enough to make me confused. Killing both Bobby and Alycia in one episode is one example. Very shocking! That would probably take two months in daytime tv lol. Over the years I learned to like the seasons that was more down to earth, that's why season 2 is my favorite ya feel me? But the third is the best season, you know what I'm saying? LOL. That's how I feel. I like season 5 too. The first half is very good, the end is just sad Smile Season 6 is airing here now in the weekends. I just happened to turn it on on Sunday and the first I watched was Lexi Razz Peter told her he was still in love with Amanda right after she found out she had to go to jail. Nice timing Burns! Very Happy "Get the hell out you son of a bitch!" lol Jamie Luner always did her angry scenes so perfectly Wink
Back to top Go down
http://my.flightmemory.com/helljay
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

Antall Innlegg : 59

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:55 pm

I think I'm in love with Miss Sydney Andrews like everyone else now! No matter how many bad things she's done you manage to still feel bad for her lol and it kinda sux that she was mainly used for comedic relief for most of S4. I read about all the crazy things Kimberly did but to see it on screen is a reallly different experience! Yea Alison/Hayley was kinda weird and creepy, I guess Alison projected her daddy issues with him?? But it was a weird plot device to have him divorce her without her knowing, what did that accomplish???

Brooke was an interesting schemer until she got desperate and just became annoying. I really liked Jo as a strong modern woman and her friendship with Matt towards the end (even if it was a plot device for her to meet a new man lol!). Speaking of Matt, its really nice to see such a groundbreaking gay character that far back who had as many lovers as everyboyd else, even if they didn't get to show ANY affection! lol. Come to think of it I should write in a new gay character or turn someone gay in our RPG Razz

Btw, dling S5 rite now, watched up to ep4...not liking Taylor so far (read all about who she is and what she's gonna do already anyway), she's just plain creepy lol, Amanda's got good instincts about her.
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Thats the thing about Syd, and the way Laura portrays her, she still has this charm, no matter what she does, you like her anyway. Especially as you get to know her. I know some people didn't like her at first, for sleeping w/ Michael. I wasn't too fond of her than, either, but over the next couple of seasons, she grows on ya..

True, don't even think they ever fully explored exactly why Hayley divorced Alison...very dumb plot and so quick the marriage was over and he was dead...I agree about Brooke like Alison said, it got hard to like her...as for Jo, yeah, she seemed to still have that strong independence she had at the end of season 4 in the remake, one thing I liked about it...

Matt, yeah, think of it, its amazing how they've come with gay characters, now Ella was making out with girls, and Andrew on DH made out w/ his boyfriends, you know Matt would get away w/ more these days, lol!
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:03 pm

OMG! Just finished S5 last nite! No more ("new") MP for me for awhile! I knew it was coming but seeing Sydney get run over was still kinda sad, and could they be anymore obvious about the foreshadowing between Jen and Craig? lol. Damn Sam and her boring story of a dad! Wow so many originals gone in one season, bye bye Jane, bye Kimberly, bye Jake, Alison & Syd. No wonder some of u got depressed. I don't see why Jake and Alison couldn't ride off into the sunset together though (maybe in the writers mind it was Billy & Alison 4eva? hehe but then he rode off with Jenn a yr later anyway). Taylor kinda grew on me just a little bit (the character was a bit too obsessive about Peter for my taste tho). I take back my not really liking Thomas Calabro now that i've seen him involved in the end of Kimberly story. S5 was really good, more down to earth but still exciting drama. Now I probably have to wait a long long time for season 6 and Jamie Luner's debut! :p
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Yeah, and in my mind that was still her real "death", not the one in the remake, I had trouble watching it, too...and yeah, it was kind of obvious they were foreshadowing Craig and Jennifer..and yeah, screw Sam and her stupid dad for running Syd over. Their damn storyline wasn't worth the loss of a major character like Syd Crying or Very sad Yeah, it was definitely depressing losing all those originals at once..

Quote :
No wonder some of u got depressed. I don't see why Jake and Alison couldn't ride off into the sunset together though (maybe in the writers mind it was Billy & Alison 4eva? hehe but then he rode off with Jenn a yr later anyway). Taylor

I think you hit the nail on the head. They didn't have Jake and Alison end up together for all the Billy and Shippers so that they could hold out hope those two would still someday end up together, and at that point, I don't think they foresaw Billy and Jennifer getting together..

Kinda felt the same way about Taylor, she annoyed me alot the first time around, but I grew to like her somewhat more watching season 5 back a few times. Plus, I like Lisa Rinna...and Michael/Thomas Calabro, yeah, how could you not like the guy when he stood there looking like a sad puppy dog as the train w/ Kimberly's coffin pulled away?? Gets me everytime.. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Sydney is dead? What!? No!

There's no place you can download season 6? I may just have to send you my old videotapes if I can find them, lol Wink

Yeah, Matt leaves too in the premiere of season 6 and that annoys me considering they would not let him film Godzilla. He was originally slated to stay for at least 17 episodes along with Katie Wright who played Chelsea. Jamie Luner's debut is in the fourth episode. I loved her and Peter together, one of my favorite couples, that's why I am against Peter and Amanda Wink

Season 6 may be the weakest season, but it's still Melrose and far better than any other primetime soap.

Alison and Billy's goodbye scene in season 5 is one of my favorite scenes of that season. But I also think Jennifer was the right for him in the end, Alison would just end up hurting him again. Alison really can't make it with anyone, she and a vodka bottle is a fine couple.

Jane returns at the end of season 6! Yeeha!
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Yeah, I think having Matt and Chelsea in Season 6 would've helped at least a little with the depression of so many characters leaving. Too bad the show wouldn't accomodate Doug Savant when he was shooting Godzilla..

Quote :

Season 6 may be the weakest season, but it's still Melrose and far better than any other primetime soap.

I agree completely, even at its worst, its better than any other primetime soap...and like I've said catching season 6 back, once I truly had to time to deal with the mass exitus of the characters in season 5, I could handle it better and season 6 wasn't as bad as I first thought. I think it was so boring and bad to me the first time around because I was missing those characters so badly...

I agree completely about Billy and Jennifer. I remember Jennifer was pretty upset when Sam sent the fake "fax"and Billy was going to go see Alison. Jennifer from what we had seen, was good to Billy, and Alison had definitely at times hurt him. I would hate to have seen Alison mess up their relationship with her problems and leaning on Billy, just like she did w/ Billy and Susan, and to degree Billy and Brooke (even though of course, Brooke herself was pretty messed up and screwed up the marriage), but still Amanda was wise in the end of season 6 to tell Billy not go get involved w/ Alison again, and I hope he listened. Indeed, the only one she can make it work with is a bottle of Vodka...
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

Antall Innlegg : 88

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:15 am

NotTheDoctorKim wrote:

I agree completely about Billy and Jennifer. I remember Jennifer was pretty upset when Sam sent the fake "fax"and Billy was going to go see Alison. Jennifer from what we had seen, was good to Billy, and Alison had definitely at times hurt him. I would hate to have seen Alison mess up their relationship with her problems and leaning on Billy, just like she did w/ Billy and Susan, and to degree Billy and Brooke (even though of course, Brooke herself was pretty messed up and screwed up the marriage), but still Amanda was wise in the end of season 6 to tell Billy not go get involved w/ Alison again, and I hope he listened. Indeed, the only one she can make it work with is a bottle of Vodka...

+1. The Billy/Alison scene in the s5 finale really was the perfect closure. It respected the messy but passionate relationship they had since the pilot, but the episode also showed that they're not meant to be and that Alison is the kind of person who is better off alone. And Jennifer was really good to Craig as well, she really could treat a man well if she finally got one.
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:46 am

I agree, I think that last scene was a perfect homage to their whole relationship. I think it showed they would always be friends and have a special connection, but that they weren't meant to be a couple. I think Alison would have a lot of work to do on herself, dealing with her drinking, and I think still dealing with what happened in her childhood. I do think that is why she feared marriage and having a family. I just don't think she'll ever get it together enough to be able to have a successful relationship.

Quote :
Jennifer was really good to Craig as well,she really could treat a man well if she finally got one.

Yeah, imagine that, a Mancini who knows how to be good to their partner lol!
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:29 am

NotTheDoctorKim wrote:

Yeah, imagine that, a Mancini who knows how to be good to their partner lol!

Lol, there are different ways to be good to your partner Very Happy That reminds me of an old imdb post ranking the characters attractiveness, and someone put Coop to near the bottom of the list cause "he looks like he'd be boring in bed" and he really does, I remember him looking bored and annoyed through the entire season Laughing
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:34 am

Yeah, true, if you're looking at it that way, lol afro Coop is at the bottom of the list, probably. He's best with a woman who is in acoma, lmao Smile, and to quote Jane, "Michael may be an ass, but at least he can do it" lol! and Kimberly gave him a him a 10, I think Smile Billy and Jake were also decent in bed, I assume...
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:20 am

Yeah, the coma thing sums up his character perfectly Very Happy I think the other guys were decent too.

Out of the girls, Lexi is the obvious one, though I also think Kimberly/Michael had a pretty colorful lovelife as well. There's no sex scene in the world that is anywhere near "Kill me or love me" in Grand Delusions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:25 am

Haha, gotta agree there, think thats why Kimberly/Michael had a love/hate thing going on, and part of the reason was their sex was so good even when they hated each other, lol! Also, Jo did brag about Jess, haha, and Alison did about Keith despite the fact that they weren't good men otherwise..

As far as the women, yeah, Lexi is probably up there...and I don't know, we know Megan had been around, and have a feeling she could satisfy a man, and Jennifer was probably good, too...Amanda and Alison had been with alot of the men, God knows, but not really sure how good they were..
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:10 pm

Sex scenes? Now we're talking Wink

Amanda doing Jake on her desk is one of my favorites too (what if Alison had walked in on them? lol)

Sydney must be boring, she refused to play with Roger Langdon hahaha Sleep

I bet Rikki is more fun! bounce
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:49 pm

Yeah, that scene is up there w/ Michael and Kimberly, its true lol!

I forgot to mention Syd, but I agree with you. I mean she's definitely been w/ a number of men, but I get the impression she's boring in bed. I mean notice most men don't want to be w/ her long so she must not impress them, haha...
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:24 am

yea someone send me their season 6 tapes! now! lol. Well at least I have this board to help with my MP withdrawal for now. I guess you guys are right, Billy & Alison could never have a "happily ever after" with Alison's penchant for destruction and Billy's blandness lol. Yea which MP lady could top Lexi's sex appeal lol. Coop on the bottom? I'd assume Samantha would be at the bottom of the list hehe
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:13 pm

well this is kinda related to season 5 but not really......guess which big Melrose moment was included in TV.com's 10 Brutally Fun TV Deaths! Check it out:

http://www.tv.com/10-brutally-fun-tv-deaths/story/24379.html?tag=hotspot;gumball;1
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Laura at 2nd! That's quite good - although not a funny death for us Syd fans Razz

God I hate Samantha Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:56 pm

Yeah, I would hate Vanessa too, but I've decided to block the remake out of my mind and therefore I only hate Samantha lol! and nope, its not funny, still hard for me to watch after all these years Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Well no, its not supposed to be funny.....just FUN lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 5 coming to DVD   Season 5 coming to DVD - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 5 coming to DVD
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2