The Bitching Board Part II
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

A monthly fanfiction challenge? Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

A monthly fanfiction challenge? Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're back, bitches...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A monthly fanfiction challenge?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimberly

Kimberly

Antall Innlegg : 88

A monthly fanfiction challenge? Empty
PostSubject: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:33 am

Since our small group seems to be the last hope of keeping the Melrose love and memory alive, we could have a fanfiction challenge every month - as a creative outlet for our crazy brains inflicted by Melrose at an impressionable age that can be completed during lunch breaks in between kidnapping people into nuthouses, and as a symbolic act of honoring The Place.

We could just write whatever we feel like, or have a specific challenge each month, but let our boss lady decide lol! Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

Antall Innlegg : 337

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:00 pm

I'm not sure I understand completely what you mean. Just write some bullshit and not continue or just write whatever we feel like? Explain, explain! Or by all means start this game (and show me!) Smile
Back to top Go down
http://my.flightmemory.com/helljay
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:05 pm

Yes, what exactly do you mean? Starting the actual RPG again-or something slightly less time consuming-just general ideas of what we'd do if we were writing MP, and you know, doing it the right way lol! Either way, I'm game! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:03 am

I think we could just choose a timeline (pre-series, s1-2-3-4-5-6-7 or between them, after the finale and before the remake, etc.) every month and each of us should come up with one fanfic.

The possibilities are endless- Alison and Sydney in rehab, a fic of young Kimberly looking in the school bathroom's mirror after killing Henry, etc. There's little left of June and we're all busy, so I let my other self ( Twisted Evil ) pick a timeline for July. Then get creative! lol!
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:14 am

Got ya, I see where u r going with this. The only issue w/ picking things up between seasons, is MP often literally picked up right where they left off. In fact season 1 into 2, is the only season where there seems like there may have been a small time gap. 2 into 3, we pick up right after Michael's accident and Alison walking out on her wedding. 3 into 4, the bombing, obviously they picked up right where they left off, as they did 4 into 5, where they started with the detective visiting Amanda and Richard digging himself of the "grave" Syd and Jane buried him in. 5 into 6, they picked up right at the hospital after Syd was run over. I'll admit I am a little hazy on 6 into 7, but I am sure it was a similar fashion...as for between the original series finale, and the remake, we've been covering that in our RPG. A younger Melrosian RPG, pre-series, would be interesting, too...

I am kind of busy and will be out of town next week, but definitely early July would be a good time to get going..
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:14 am

Okay, will be looking at the forum when July comes Smile
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:00 pm

I believe I've heard of a book called "Amanda" that centers around Amanda's teen-years (at least before she showed up at Melrose) am I right? Would be fun to read...
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:12 am

Lol, I would love to read it Very Happy I mean we already had Kent DeMarr and the Parezis as a blast from her past, what other kind of shit could they have up with? lol!
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:38 pm

I have heard of MP books, but I only remember one being centered around Amanda the current Amanda-although they said in the book she was 24, when Amanda was in actually 30+ the entire series. We know this because in season 2, Amanda's mother said she walked out 20 years ago, and this said this was when Amanda was 12. So, do the math. If the book you mention does exist-it does sound like a fun read, though! Wink
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:42 am

http://www.amazon.com/Amanda-Untold-Story-Melrose-Place/dp/1572970561/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278524389&sr=8-2

A monthly fanfiction challenge? 715BV7XPZQL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:54 pm

He finds proof, yeah Very Happy I'm gonna have to order that one of these days...
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Have you ordered it? The description said she worked at her father's company, she should have known he was a crook long before season 2 then!
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

Antall Innlegg : 59

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:37 pm

so people, are we really reviving the fanfiction/RPG?? I have to say I'm so rusty, having not written in so long, I used to love writing with u guys! But what more can Slutty Lexi be up to nowadays? lol
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:33 am

It's okay, it's been awhile for all of us, as we took a break for the "real" MP writers to do their job w/ the remake, Rolling Eyes So, we're all a little rusty, and sometimes its hard to come up with new ideas, but there is always more slutty Lexi could be up to, just like there is always more Syd and psycho Kimberly could be up to, lol Laughing So if you ever get the urge to jump in, feel free!
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:39 pm

The "real" writers were sure as hell rusty in the remake Sleep
Yeah it was real fun to write back in the day, who says it can't be again? I am sure there is a lot of potential for slutty Lexi Wink
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

Antall Innlegg : 59

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:20 pm

I sure hope so lol. Yep, 2.0's writers really f***d up, taking stuff from thin air and forgetting others. So would we like to follow their version of continuity? That Syd died and came back and died again? and Amanda came back to do battle with Ella? lol. Or ooh! That Alison could've been the P in WPK?!?! lol.

I do have a story idea that i never used from back in the day so that might be a little exciting to do.
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:39 am

Sounds interesting Smile but no we don't want them newbies do we? scratch No let's pretend they never existed instead...
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:09 pm

WPK w/ Alison as the "P" is the only idea I like, and maybe having Ella come along at some point, but yeah, screw the other newbies...I prefer the way we brought Syd back over theirs, and I'd like to keep her alive, I think you'll all agree lol!
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:06 pm

What newbies? Twisted Evil Other than Ella they barely deserved to be remembered, lol.

And killing Sydney killed this show twice. Stupid people on CW didn't learn, we gotta be better than them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Yeah, Ella is the only one worth making it to the RPG, haha Smile David will forever only be Jake's son, and Riley and Jonah, well, they can fade into oblivion. Lauren was okay, but still not up to MP standards IMO....and lest we even mention Auggie and Violet???

And yeah, killing Syd was the first major mistake, alot of original fans refused to watch once they heard that..
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:37 pm

I totally agree. Lol, maybe the writers had an alcoholic storyline in mind for Riley Twisted Evil But I can't really see her doing it convincingly like CTS did..Maybe the bad actors were the main sources of this failure. The original season 1 characters were also dull, but had some kind of charm from the beginning. Or is time and nostalgy clouding our judgement? I'd really rather watch the first 18 episodes of the original even with no Sydney, Kim or Amanda than this piece of shit..
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:56 pm

Exactly! I can tell ya, I've been watching Season 1 of the original, and yes, sometimes the stories and characters are dull in that season, but there is still something captivating about them, like even Billy and Alison's dumb arguments in their early days of being roommates, Michael and Jane's lovey-dovey early married life, and even Sandy and Ronda are more interesting than Riley and Jonah w/ their problems, they were just plain annoying...I'd think Riley could've done as good an alcoholic as CTS, no way, but yes, I do clearly think thats where the writers were going in making her the new Alison...Yes, I think time and a need for nostalgia are clouding our judgment, but how can it not really? I'd much rather MP live on in DVD's, and in my memory, then in some shitty remake...I may have never thought that, and thought I'd want MP back in anyway, but actually having the shitty remake done proved my feelings there..
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:17 pm

So true..I'd rather see a Sandy or Rhonda centered episode than one from the remake. Btw, those two were still better than Samantha, LOL.

Btw, what do you think would win a "lamest season 1 storyline contest"? Billy deciding wheter he would take or not take over his father's business, or maybe Jane being upset over Michael's long hours in the hospital for the millionth time? Laughing
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Haha, I love it a "lamest season 1 storyline" contest, my top 10 in no particular order are:

1) Billy Bitching because he cannot get a credit card..
2) Alison trying to sell "Betsy"
3) Sandy being stalked by the nursery dude, Paul...(well, most Sandy centric stories, the one where she was a diva after getting a role was bad, too, really)
4) The episode where Jane loses her baby (because it would make no sense later, i.e. Jane saying she was an only child, video of her mother and father leaving the hospital w/ her when we learn in season 5 she was actually adopted..
5) Alison and Billy fighting because he wanted her peanut butter,
6)Alison and Billy fighting because he tried on her bra...
7) Billy, Jake, and Matt go Bungee Jumping...
Cool Billy writes a screen play..
9) Ronda tries out for a dance company, seriously, do we really care??
10) I have agree Billy not wanting to take over his dad's business, lame, mainly because he claimed he wanted to be a writer and not a salesman, yet, he goes into advertising which involves selling products to people...
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:17 pm

LOL, that much lameness on one list made me giggle Laughing , especially the Bungee Jumping storyline. Jane losing her baby was so funny, the comments of being an only child and how it was the first episode of Kimberly.

Though you forgot Rhonda showing Billy the life in the 'hood after him being attacked by a group of black people lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A monthly fanfiction challenge?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next