The Bitching Board Part II
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're back, bitches...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A monthly fanfiction challenge?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 3:20 pm

YESS!!! Ronda teaches Billy about racism, and takes him to the 'hood, I WAS thinking about that one...but alas, I could only include so much lameness on one list, but we'll give it an honorable mention, haha..

Hard to believe with how good MP was later on, that some of this crap took up most of an episode at one point, haha...
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

Antall Innlegg : 337

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:10 pm

LOL Very Happy I love the hood episode hahaha - it seems like they wanted to teach us morals and values in the beginning haha. The one gangster with braids looks like a male version of Rhonda, probably her brother haha.

When it comes to lame storylines you forgot the one important favourite of mine. Jane losing her wedding ring and crawling around on the floor in the club! LMAO! "oh baby" to quote a moaning Terrence!

And remember: "sleaves are out" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://my.flightmemory.com/helljay
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 5:08 pm

You mean the show didn't teach us values later on?? Like don't blow up buildings, talk to men who appear in your mirror, and thats its okay to forgive someone and let them practice psychology a few months after they try to kill you, haha lol!

yeah, the dude w/ the braids was funny "got a light??" and also funny was his grandmother coming down to kick his ass after Billy ID'd him Smile "What'd you do now, boy??"

and good one! Jane losing her wedding ring and being so upset about it. Yeah, later on she'd WANT to lose that ring lol! The whole thing was stupid, she wanted to go out w/ her friends while Michael was working at the hospital, fine, but she didn't HAVE to pretend she was single...
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

Antall Innlegg : 59

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:26 pm

So we got the W, the P....lets think of a good story for the K hehe. Oh man was season 1 heavy on the preachy stories (like the Rhonda and Billy plot) and cheesy moments (anything to do with Sandy or Billy). I guess at first they wanted to do a values of the week ep lol. Oh i just got an idea....SANDY can be WPK's K hehe. I know she was Sandy Harling....but could be her married name....or better yet her husband is partner! Oh i can feel the juicy ideas flowing. Any objectionsto bringing boring Sandy back and bitch her up??? :p

Omg so I finished season 3, now I'm watching s4, Alison's just married Brooke's daddy and they just ran away on a yacht together, Kimberly's sane again for the moment but just got caught up with her stalker, Jo got punched out by Jane over Richard, Jack Parezi's dead and Bobby just appeared and Jake just found out Shelley's true colors. S3 really topped S2, and it looks like S4 just gets better and better. It's one thing to read about it all the time, a whole other to watch it for 1st time. So cool!
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

Antall Innlegg : 88

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:17 am

Hahaha, I HAVE TO rewatch the 'hood episode now Laughing The only thing lamer than these is us remembering (and secretly loving) these storylines 18 years later, lol.

I wouldn't mind Sandy being the K, there's never enough fanfiction and even a sucky original character could make the remake better Very Happy

Are you watching these season for the first time? I envy you, there's nothing like seeing a Melrose ep for the first time Smile I think season 4 is my favorite, maybe 3 is more put together, but 4 is the craziest the show ever got.
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:15 am

Quote :
I wouldn't mind Sandy being the K, there's never enough fanfiction and even a sucky original character could make the remake better

SOO true..I always thought of the two Ronda had more potential as a continuing character though, if only they'd get her out of teaching aerobics and maybe made her a nutritionist at Wilshire Memorial or something...

Yeah, considering I'm on my probably like 15th time going through the show, (could be why I remember these lame season one storylines 15 years later, haha) its hard to remember the excitement of watching it the first time, but I still do remember, of course, and I envy you too...only complaint about Season 4 is there is almost too much going on, it was getting hard for them to follow everyone's storyline, that calmed down a bit in season 5. Speaking of Season 5, I agree with you about Samantha, one of the worst characters...She makes those of us from Maryland look bad, haha...
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:58 am

Hm, I thought Sandy was more of a "melrose type" of character than Rhonda, being a diva and the possible storylines of the acting industry. But Rhonda working at Wilshire Memorial sounds like a good idea.

My biggest first viewing memories are the excitement in the season 3 finale, and the depression after the 5th, lol.
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:08 am

Yeah, I mean watching some of season 6 again, it was better than I give it credit for, its just I was so depressed the first time after losing all those characters in season 5 to pay attention and enjoy it much... my Melrose memories well, my appreciation grew over the years. First thing I really remember is the season 1 finale showdown w/ Kimberly and Jane...then season 2 I was captivated by Kimberly's return from the dead. By the end of season 3 w/ the bombing, I was totally hooked, and that love only continued into seasons 4 and 5...

Sandy did have bitchy potential, I just think though, they messed up the character too much she couldn't really be salvaged, plus even if they did want to do that in real life in the remake, they may be waiting a long time until Amy gets out of jail.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Season 3 is the most perfect season in my opinion. That was Melrose at the very top even though I never watched it in it's original run. My biggest memories was the first episode I ever watched "Framing of the Shrews" and the end when Henry came through the mirror, I was 13 and he scarred me probably as much as he scarred Dr. Shaw I was alone in the room and his voice just echoed in the room, lol Smile other memories includes of course the bomb and much of season 4 which is the first season I watched in it's entirety. I agree season 4 starts out very good, but the storylines kind of gets messier by the end (after Darren Star left and they tried to top every thing) I don't want to spoil anything to you who enjoy it now so I won't go into details :p

I will include the wig scene and Kimberly's return from the dead too. Those are amazing! Although I knew they were coming when I first time watched those scenes they still managed to shock me, I can only believe those who watched them in the original run just fell off their chairs! Smile
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Quote :
I will include the wig scene and Kimberly's return from the dead too. Those are amazing! Although I knew they were coming when I first time watched those scenes they still managed to shock me, I can only believe those who watched them in the original run just fell off their chairs!

Pretty much, I remember the first time I saw it, just sitting there with my mouth open saying, "Oh, my God!" when Kimberly came back. I was never scared by Henry, just found him amusing, what can I say, I was a strange 11 year old lol! Yeah, season 4 does get messier, but you're still in for some good shit Wink Considering my name happens to be Kimberly, it was actually scarier when Mancini played his voice for me over the phone saying my name in that eerie tone, haha...
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:30 am

Oh, and I forgot about gaining a few pounds after the series finale. Just read a few weeks ago that the body feels empty after a breakup or experiencing a huge loss lol!

Btw, I thought the fake Henry was scarier, cause he was so ugly Laughing
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:21 am

I think I did, too, lol! I remember just being in a really bad mood all that summer...

LoL Very Happy The fake Henry, kind of hilarious when Kimberly went after him...should've realized he was fake, the real Henry only appeared in mirrors and glass, haha Smile
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:37 pm

I was in denial when I heard the series was cancelled. I wasn't as upset considering we were way behind (one season) at that point. The series finale aired in July 2000. But then I was sad, mostly because I was so disappointed No

P.S. the fake Henry was just funny, lol and he never talked to her.
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 am

Exactly! Who the hell says it cannot be fun again Question And thats what we do it for, the fun, we're not even getting paid here like the writers of the crappy remake, LMAO lol!
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:31 am

Yeah, screw that failure of a remake, we OWN the writing of this show and taking it to our nursing homes Twisted Evil lol!
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Yeah, I could come up with better ideas than they did in about 15 seconds... tongue and yes, as long as we've been doing this, we should have copyrights to the writing and characters, haha lol!
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Are we gonna continue from our old shit than? Fellow Melrosians we need a system here, and we need to know who's in Wink

"Kimberly" if you need to get updated I'm sure Dr. Kim and me can fill you in on what happened briefly since the start in 2001. I'm sure that slut Lexi remembers some details as well.

In between we can also do short stories like the ones you've been writing lately Smile
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Yeah, I agree 100% w/ Mancini. While I love MP fan fiction as much as a good drunk Alison, bitchy Amanda, or psycho Kimberly scene, it can get kind of confusing to have so many different stories going on at one time. So I agree a decision must be made fellow Melrosian/Bitching Boarders as to whether to stick with a couple of the short stories or continue the long RPG we've been doing for nearly a decade now...and should we decide to continue the RPG we've been doing, Kimberly, we'd love to have you join and would totally be willing to help catch you up. Consider the short stories your RPG audition, haha lol!
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

Antall Innlegg : 59

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:24 pm

Omg! It would totally be awesome to continue what we did. You guys are rite tho, we need to work out a system where we don't step on each other's toes by writing things a certain way and another not liking it.

I so need a recap of our old stuff tho, cuz i never saved it and lost everything at some point. All i remember is custody battle over lil Marcia. How did we break up Megan and Ryan McBride that she's with Michael now tho? lol I did write in a new character that she cheated on Michael with. I had Lexi sleep with Jake (how we brought him back too i forgot!) and gave her a sister that caused some trouble for while who also slept with Jake lol. I can't recall the Alison/Kimberly stuff and barely remember who Ginger is hehe. How did we bring back Sydney??? As for Amanda, now that she's returned in the "reality" of MP 2.0, we gonna continue that? since a mini story's already started with that.
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:11 am

So happy for passing the RPG audition, we take success where we find it lol!

I'm reading your fics again tonight (did it when I joined the forum and had so much fun), if there's anything else I need to know fill me in!

I guess we can all agree on finding a way of getting Billy/Samantha & Jo/Jess together again forever! Laughing Laughing Too bad they killed Vic from North Hollywood in that car crash though, it was seriously one of the funniest subplots ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 am

Quote :
I guess we can all agree on finding a way of getting Billy/Samantha & Jo/Jess together again forever!

I seriously hope the smiley faces next to that sentence mean u were being sarcastic, lol! Seriously, and I know some Billy/Alison lovers may hate me for saying it, but I actually liked him with Jennifer in the end. I think they were good for each other...and God knows how many problems he had w/ Alison and Amanda to quote Henry, I think he's better off with out those two bitches and Sam, just no, lol!

As for Jo and Jess, that's as about as bad as saying u hoped she and Dominick stayed together, haha Smile
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:25 am

Of course I meant it in a sarcastic way! Billy and Jennifer were really not that bad, but no matter how annoying Billy/Alison were, they were the couple we were secretly rooting for since the pilot and they should have been together in the series finale.

And LOL about Jess, I read a few years ago that the actor doesn't even remember his character's name anymore lol!
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:29 am

Its true, I mean, I guess you always wanted those two to be together in some way since the show so heavily revolved around them in the beginning...

Funny Dan Cortese doesn't even remember "Jess" lol! IMO, it was kind of dumb to give Jake a brother just for the sibling rivalry storyline. Didn't we have enough of that with Syd and Jane???
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Well they interviewed Dan Cortese last year before the premiere, and he at least remembered him then! Cause he talked about how Jess could return in a possible way, I even posted it on this board!

I liked Jennifer and Billy together too. Much better than Samantha. But isn't Jake your favorite with Alison? (NotthedoctorKim) You always said that earlier. I didn't like them as much together, I preferred him together with Jo.

It's hard to remember all that happened on the RPG since we lost most of the material from the former board. But we can try to explain a little. I will do that in a new post and then the other two can fill in stuff I forgot that they remember. Also the last posts we did before the break are already posted on this board. Glad you enjoyed them Smile
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 4:04 am

NotTheDoctorKim wrote:
Its true, I mean, I guess you always wanted those two to be together in some way since the show so heavily revolved around them in the beginning...

It definitely was all about them in the beginning. I found an old mp3 the other day, I think you'll all figure out where is it from lol! Very Happy
https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_action=app/orchestrateDownload&rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.yousendit.com%252Ftransfer.php%253Faction%253Dbatch_download%2526batch_id%253DaHlUc0wycWZuSlJFQlE9PQ

I read the Dan Cortese thing long years before the remake, maybe he imdb-d himself after hearing about the new show Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A monthly fanfiction challenge?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next