The Bitching Board Part II
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're back, bitches...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A monthly fanfiction challenge?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:55 am

Yeah, never thought of that, pretty funny, actors IMDB-ing themselves to remember what roles they've had Smile

Ha, Alison and Billy's song from when they first did it Smile What I liked about the writers w/ Billy and Alison is I think they took the perfect amount of time in getting them together. They didn't make them go from roomates to a couple right away, and they didn't drag their getting together out over seasons...
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com
Kimberly

Kimberly

Antall Innlegg : 88

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Yeah, one can trash season 1 all they want, but the Billy/Alison and I think the Michael/Kimberly relationships too were set up perfectly, with the right amount of time.

And LOL, I fucking love 90's elevator music. It's time to be luuuuuuuuuuvers.. lol!
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:42 pm

Quote :
I fucking love 90's elevator music. It's time to be luuuuuuuuuuvers..

Haha! Smile Totally agree, both those relationships developed quite nicely...and I think what the Neighbors and Friends feature on the DVD said was true...it was important they start out w/ Michael as the nice overworked hospital intern/apartment manager, and Kimberly a then nice colleauge and then have them have the affair and then turn more crazy and evil..I think if they started off w/ them the way the were in season 3, the audience would've been way too put off. We had to like them before we hated them. That's what was important about season 1...
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:07 am

Yeah, even the best characters ever have to start somewhere. I loved Kimberly's first episode, she was really sweet as the sassy intern without a life.

Nowadays writers put all the action and good ideas into the first seasons of the shows to be renewed, and they usually go downhill from there. MP just slowly got crazier all the way through the s4 finale, and only went downhill in its 6th season.
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:44 am

Very true, I can think of quite a few shows lately like that...I think the problem is these days they cancel shows so quickly that they don't have time to build like MP did. They have to start off strong, and as you say, because of this most shows go down hill by the third/fourth season instead of the sixth like MP...

Kimberly was funny in that first episode, "I spend the night in self-analysis, wondering if I have a life of my own, and came to the conclusion that I don't" LoL Very Happy And Michael at the end when he tells Jane Dr. Shaw is a woman and Jane asks if she should be jealous, and Michael answers "probably", quite the foreshadowing there.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 10:20 am

Imagine if MP was created now, and we only would have gotten the first 10 episodes of the original, no psycho Kim, bitchy Amanda, slutty Syd or drunk Alison..God bless the sweet 90's and the patience of the network those days Very Happy

And that scene was hysterical, with Jane's "deer in headlights" expression after Michael telling her that Laughing Josie's acting really improved through the show. Or remember the Michael/Syd sex dream, LMAO those were the days..
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

Antall Innlegg : 337

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:01 pm

That song is so cheesy Smile I wonder what song they replaced it with on the DVD Smile that scene is probably ruined with the replacement of another song. I like "Love Is" much better (when Mandy and Billly did it the first time) I actually have it on my computer with some other songs from MP. Anyone know what song is played at the end of the 31th episode? (When Amanda gets on the boat with her father) I like the little I hear but it's not listed on any page I know of.
Back to top Go down
http://my.flightmemory.com/helljay
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:50 am

Dunno about the song, have u tried googling the lyrics?

So much of my ipod is made of songs I heard on tv, I love collecting them Smile One of my favorites is 'Shape of my heart' by Sting from The Bitch Is Back, and of course Closing Time (I hope at least they'll keep that if we ever get s7 dvds)!

Could you upload the Amanda/Billy song? I don't remember it..
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:04 am

Don't know the song either think I remember Mancini and I wondering about that one ourselves...

Quote :
God bless the sweet 90's and the patience of the network those days

Ain't that the truth, if MP came out these days, we'd never have gotten to the good stuff. Should really be a lesson to the networks these days. See what a show is going to become, let it develop, before making the choice to cancel it...

True about Jane, but this poses another question who's acting do you think improved the most over the show and whose improved the least???

Least-I'm going to go w/ Andrew Shue. Sorry, the guy cannot really act. Only time I felt he did a decent job was w/ the whole Brooke thing in season 4, when he took her out in the back of Shooters and told her he wanted a divorce and was tired of the lies, I felt real emotion there, as when Brooke "overtook" him after she died, but at no other point in the show did he really impress me w/ his acting...

Most-This is a tough one, because I feel alot of them were good the whole way through (Heather, Thomas, Marcia, Laura, Daphne, Grant come to mind) but the two improvers that come to mind for me are Josie and CTS. In general over the years, from if you see how cheesy her acting was in her first movie Lucas (she sounded like she was reading cue cards w/ no feeling) to now, she has improved alot, and I feel the five years on MP were part of that. Some of her season 1 and 2 acting was cheesy and over dramatic, but in season 3, w/ Alison's alcoholism and confronting her father, she shined...and doing scenes w/ Andrew and his bad acting made her look even better, haha lol! And as you mentioned, Josie Bissett improved alot as well, and I give Laura Leighton credit for being great right out of the gate, MP was pretty much one of her first acting jobs and she held her own w/ the actors whom had been doing it for years!
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:48 am

This thread has really made it's spin far away from the title, lol.

Kimberly wrote:
Dunno about the song, have u tried googling the lyrics?

No I haven't. It's been a while since I heard it so I don't remember the lyrics at the moment. I never forget back in the day when we (I say we, as we were from the old board at Melroseman's) finally found out which song was played when Amanda dived screaming into the pool (introducing a late season 2 episode) Some of us had been wanting to find that song for years Smile

Quote :
So much of my ipod is made of songs I heard on tv, I love collecting them Smile One of my favorites is 'Shape of my heart' by Sting from The Bitch Is Back, and of course Closing Time (I hope at least they'll keep that if we ever get s7 dvds)!

Me too love that song! It's so perfect for that scene.

Quote :
Could you upload the Amanda/Billy song? I don't remember it..
I will upload my Melrose songs sure. I have a few, I just need to get on another computer than this one I am on now! Very Happy
"Love Is" by Vanessa Williams and Brian McKnight is the song from episode 23. (I believe, my season 1 is rusty, need to get updated Wink )
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:38 am

Quote :
This thread has really made it's spin far away from the title, lol

What can I say, it happens...lol Very Happy I tried looking up the episode guides and "Melrose Place music" w/ no luck in finding the name and title for you guys Sad
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:52 am

Andrew Shue had his moments in the Ghost!Brooke storyline (his speech at the awards comes to my mind), but his reaction to her coming out of the pool is the most hilariously bad acting ever lol! I think he was generally good at playing the pig during and after their marriage. But yeah, the worst actor on the show, got progressively worse until the finale of season 6 apart from the few good moments we mentioned.

I agree about CTS and Josie making the most improvement. Andrew Shue and CTS were about on the same level when the show started, but she's gotten really good by season 3 and I also loved her on Ally McBeal (saw 1-2 eps of According to Jim but decided not to torture myself with it, lol).

Thank you Mancini, and your signature video craks me up lol! Two of the show's greatest villains, but as a couple they just made me laugh the way Amanda did after seeing the ring Laughing
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Quote :
saw 1-2 eps of According to Jim but decided not to torture myself with it, lol

Smart, very smart, if there is any show CTS should've not stayed on and distanced herself from its that one, not MP or Ally lol!

I agree, that was a great scene w/ Amanda and Michael the way she laughs at him lol! and "I don't accept anything less than 3 karats" lol!
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

Antall Innlegg : 59

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:20 pm

boy we've REALLY strayed from the topic! LMAO! oh man u guys are really lucky to have seen and remember the original MP eps with the songs and everything , whereas I depend on the DVDs so I wouldn't know the difference. Omg come to think of it Andrew Shue really didn't do Billy any favors with his wooden acting, and now that I've seen some of season 5, Brooke Langton seems pretty bad too. It doesn't help that Sam IS boring lol, i find her addition was pretty useless (aside from another person for Billy to bang lol). Can't wait to see when Jennifer Mancini (Alyssa Milano) enters the scene. Too bad she had to leave MP too early but then I wouldn't have gotten her on one of my fave shows Charmed hehe. Michael's character pretty interesting but Thomas Calabro doesn't do it for me, Josie Bissettgot really good tho! I just watched Escape from LA, so sad when Sydney and Jane said goodbye at the airport, it just showed that no matter what happened between them they were sisters.

Btw: u guys got the info for the RPG refresher yet? lol
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:43 am

Alyssa Milano was nice, but she had the misfortune of being shoved down our throats as the new Sydney. Jennifer just didn't have Sydney's depth and AM is no Laura Leighton. IMO, the only addition in season 6-7 who measured up to "The Bitch, The Slut & The Psycho" in terms of charisma, talent and entertainment value was Lexi/Jamie Luner when her character changed in season 7. Jennifer and Eve were decent enough and I even enjoyed Taylor in season 6, but the standards were just set too high.
And ugh, Samantha really was the worst character, and Brooke Langton having about as much talent as Andrew Shue didn't help.

Btw, have you seen the last season very long ago, or are you just a big fan of the actress? Smile
Back to top Go down
SultrySexyLexi

SultrySexyLexi

Antall Innlegg : 59

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Yea I guess they wanted to fill in for Sydney to prepare for Laura's exit?? Either way I'm a big Alyssa Milano fan. And I became a big Jamie Luner fan because of MP, never saw entire season 7 but I used to find short clips of season 7 Lexi online (ie: the Eve/Lexi bitchslap fight lol!) and I was like " I LOVE her", folowed her to PROFILER after MP ended, so good. my avatar pic is from her ALL MY CHILDREN promo shot rite now but even she couldn't make me watch that mess of a soap lol. Kinda sad I won't get to see Jamie Luner come onto the scene in S6 yet, nowhere to watch! Did anyone catch her when she starred on another primetime soap SAVANNAH??? I only saw clips of that too lol
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Never saw Savannah, but Lexi and Eve were two of the best things about the last two seasons, I have to say...also, I agree completely about Brooke Langton having about as much talent as Andrew Shue, CTS at least got better, Brooke, not so much...I agree Jamie cannot make watch All My Children, either, lol...

P.S. I will start a "facts about the RPG" page this weekend where Mancini and I can state what we remember (its kind of hard to rehash everything, we've been at this for almost 10 years, lol Razz) but we'll start trying to fill you in on what we can...
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 6:41 pm

I watched Jamie on Savannah before she came onto Melrose. She was the best character on that series. Peyton was much worse than Lexi! Savannah was almost as good as MP, unfortunately it only got 34 episodes or so, but it was good and the series finale was interesting and well done. I'd totally watch it again Smile

Don't get All My Children, but no way in hell I'd watch it even if all the Melrosians came on Wink

Yeah, we promise to update you guys on the RPG very soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:41 am

NotTheDoctorKim wrote:
Never saw Savannah, but Lexi and Eve were two of the best things about the last two seasons, I have to say...

I only saw the pilot of Savannah, and a few episodes later in the season and really loved them, but it was never scheduled on tv in an appropriate time for working people Sad I hope it will eventually be uploaded somewhere, or released on dvd.

And I really love season 7- Peter/Amanda stuff, Lexi's crazy manipulations and the Kent DeMar mystery which was as hilarious and over the top as anything in 2-4. My problem with the season was Ryan- he felt like an even more boring replacement of Billy, I couldn't give a flying fuck about his daughter and her sappy relationship with Megan. The last part of the season was centered way too much around him, but otherwise I think it was a lovely way of finishing the show after the awful primetime soap that season 6 was.
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 8:14 am

Quote :
My problem with the season was Ryan- he felt like an even more boring replacement of Billy, I couldn't give a flying fuck about his daughter and her sappy relationship with Megan.

Haha, couldn't agree more there. Sara was lame...as was Ryan...
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:37 am

I don't get why they got rid off Billy in that last season, did Shue want to leave? I think he was let go, wasn't he? I'd prefer an original Melrosian over Ryan. Did they try to create a new Sydney/Jane sibling rivalry?

Savannah was really popular here, it had much more viewers than MP (but that's because it aired on a much bigger network) and I remember the hype in my class in junior high. That was what all talked about Wednesday morning and I was like "Yeah, it's really good guys, but if you love that so much you should check out Melrose Place too" Very Happy lol and no booo, people always dissed MP for a reason, hehehe. I guess noone ever wanted to admit to watch it Wink No
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:55 am

Eh, think it was combination of Shue wanting him to leave and them letting him go. I think the whole last two seasons didn't focus enough on the old characters and too much on new ones we didn't care about (Christine, anyone, and yes, Ryan and his dumb daughter)

I remember once in fifth grade in the bathroom, a group of girls where talking about the previous nights MP, and I had a couple of friends who liked it, but for the most part, I too, was made fun of for liking it in junior high. The main person who made fun of me for it, was the only kid in the school who was even less popular than me and my best friend at the time were, so I guess he had to try and find something to target me with to try and make himself more popular. Suffice to say, not many in the class cared than I liked MP, and the guy who supposedly hated the show, happened to know exactly what, day, time, and channel it was on, lol! So, yeah, afraid to admit it is right, ha!
Back to top Go down
Kimberly

Kimberly

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:46 am

lol! That's why I avoid talking about things I like TOO much at work and did back in school. A coworker mentioned enjoying Beverly Hills, Melrose & a third show I don't remember a couple of days ago, my response was "yeah, I liked them too, s2 of MP is on fem3 Saturday nights", then fixed my eyes on the coffee cup, being afraid of an "OMGthisisthebestshoweverImstillwritingfanfictionandshiptheblondemaincharactersinreallife" outburst Laughing People hated me in high school even without knowing about my strange hobbies Very Happy And lol, I bet those haters were secretly fantasizing about Sydney or Amanda before getting their goodnight sleep on Monday nights Laughing

And I think Shue wanted out as well..in season 6 he was basically just mumblings his lines, was worse than ever.
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 12:18 pm

Quote :
my response was "yeah, I liked them too, s2 of MP is on fem3 Saturday nights", then fixed my eyes on the coffee cup, being afraid of an "OMGthisisthebestshoweverImstillwritingfanfictionandshiptheblondemaincharactersinreallife" outburst

Yeah, I remember Heather's name and MP coming up once at my old job, and I had to bite my tongue for the same reason, lol! I agree, I was disliked enough, too, without people knowing how obsessed I was w/ a TV show, haha. (Although I had to watch hours of TV shows some of my friends liked that I couldn't stand, and I wish I would've gotten them back w/ an MP marathon) .and most of those haters were liars, I mean to actually hate it, they had to be repeatedly watching it, lol! Hating implies you have strong feelings about something, if they didn't care they wouldn't be watching/talking about MP at all..
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:42 pm

You're lucky if you get MP on a Saturday night! What could be better if you've got nothing to do on a Saturday night? Razz

People never talked much about MP at school. I remember when I was at my most hooked (season 4, the first season I watched) I attended a parent/student meeting at school, it dragged out longer than I expected and suddenly I was in panic of not making it home for the evenings episode (which I had looked forward to one entire week!), so I ended up leaving my mother there and ran home lol. Of course one dude asked me where I was headed and I was dumb enough to tell him the truth, voila next morning when I came to school the entire class knew I skipped the meeting to go home watch MP. Very funny when I think back on it now, but so humiliating back then for a 14 year old...... haha, I have to smile while thinking about it now Wink

That was in junior high. In high school I remember a girl in my class admit to liking it so we talked a little about it. I even let her borrow my MP CD-rom hahaha and showed her Melroseman's website on the computer, but with my luck she was of course taken Wink (I bet her boyfriend didn't like MP!) those were the days.... Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A monthly fanfiction challenge?   A monthly fanfiction challenge? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A monthly fanfiction challenge?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next