The Bitching Board Part II
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Go on bitch, log in or stay as guest at your own risk! Sincerely the landlord

Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Amanda-melrose-place-original-series-9269428-100-100
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're back, bitches...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

Antall Innlegg : 415

Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:11 pm

I've never really watched Smallville, but I am sure they could work something out to have both shows on the air. I'm sure I'll agree with you, but I don't see the specific article you talk about that you responded to, post it here, bitch lol!
Back to top Go down
https://mpbitchingboard.forumotion.com
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

Antall Innlegg : 337

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:03 am

Rinna Desperate For Melrose Place Return

Lisa Rinna is so desperate to be cast in a planned remake of Melrose Place she has resorted to publicly begging the show's producers for a role. The actress joined the cast of the hit U.S. TV series in 1996, playing Taylor McBride for two seasons.
Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Lisa_rinna-photo

And now TV executives are said to be working on an updated version of the series, Rinna is pleading with producers to allow her to reprise her role.

She says, "Tell them I'm available, ready to go. I'm very professional and hardworking!"

But the star admits she may not be the executives' first priority - U.S. network CW is reportedly hoping to land former Melrose Place star Heather Locklear first.

Rinna adds: "I'm way down on the totem pole. You know, this one doesn't want to do it, that one doesn't want to do it, so I'm just hoping that they get down far enough to me, where they're finally like, 'Oh, just call Lisa... Just hire her, for God's sake! Stop her begging!'"

"Is that your game CW? Do you want me to beg?"
"Hell bark for all I care, I wouldn't cast you at gun point Rinna!"
"Oh my God, is that you Amanda?"
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My suggestion: Do as Taylor, you know how she schemed her desperate way by drugging and sleeping with people haha Razz
Back to top Go down
http://my.flightmemory.com/helljay
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:12 am

Haha, I was just going post this article, Thanks Mancini! I'm getting tired of this now. Don't make the poor girl beg. As long as they get Thomas Calabro on the show, she is the mother of his child, so they can find a way to work her in. She may be low on the MP totem pole because she wasn't a major early or there very long, but I love Lisa (haha the title of the Reality show she wanted Very Happy). She has shown a dedication to MP right from the beginning as a fan who was given the chance to be on the show and then she is the only one who is truly excited about this remake that I've heard. So come on, CW, I am tired of hearing this, hire her already! lol! I also don't like how it mentions "they are courting Heather Locklear" first. I hope she is not the ONLY person they are recruiting. I mean yes, Amanda is necessary, but so are some of the others, and I have a pretty good feeling Heather will say yes, it's some of the others they need to work on, more. I was thinking of something, wasn't Amanda Woodward Adertising STILL in existence? Maybe it could be a half season mystery, the people who work there NOW, some of the new characters, trying to figure out what really happened to Amanda (Okay, maybe a quarter season for MP, taking a half season on it would be too "DH") and then she could come along to reclaim her agency and help the ratings after they "find" her...just like she boosted things the first time around...just a thought, even though I SERIOUSLY doubt Amanda and Peter are on that island 10 years later...
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:06 am

Well, the only way we'll Jo back is if we get Jake back, in the US Weekly I just got Daphne says the only way she'll do the remake if Grant does it. She said, "If I got to make out with Grant one more time, I'd do it!" (I seriously cannot blame her for feeling that way, haha Very Happy Any Job that requires making out with Grant Show, you take, but I digress) she said "Otherwise, I won't do it. I'm in a new phase of my life.." Argh, Marcia and now her, I am sick of this whole attitude of "I'm in a different place now, and that show is over crap". Seriously what is Daphne doing in her life that's so great that shouldn't do this? I mean I know she has got her humanitarian stuff going on, but there IS time to save the environment and possibly shoot some more drug dealers lol!
Back to top Go down
LauraVision

LauraVision

Antall Innlegg : 19
Bosted : Hiding out with Syd in the Bahamas plotting her return!

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 am

I found it funny how many bloggers went straight for the "Bring back Syd" angle. Sure she's dead and all, but didn't us fans always believe she faked her death so she wouldn't have to marry that loser Craig?!

I'm pretty sure Josie wouldn't come back only for the fact that her writing career has actually taken off. She's done very very well with her children's book "The Tickle Monster" (it just won some award) and she's doing alot of book signings around the states.

I could honestly see good ole' Tom Calabro coming back as sleazy Mike Mancini, trying to hit on all the new youngster's coming to the place!
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:24 am

First, off, welcome Back LauraVision! I certainly remember you from the old bitching board, and it's great to have you around again. Just like if Syd had faked her death and come back from the so-called dead Very Happy Yeah, Childrens Books and MP don't exactly mix, lol Very Happy I personally believed either A) Abbott Way Cult came back for Syd as they promised or Carter and his "people" kidnapped Syd to keep her from marrying Craig, either way the whole thing seemed "staged", and aside from a slight mention of Michael having two dead ex wives, we never heard from anyone that Syd was officially dead, nor did Jane ever mention it...

and I agree 100% this remake just won't be the same without Thomas Calabro..Paging Dr. Mancini!
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:17 pm

I want Syd back - she's wanted dead or alive =) Of course she's not dead. I refuse to accept that Suspect
Back to top Go down
LauraVision

LauraVision

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:02 am

To assume Syd is dead is plain silly!

I do have an interesting question though. I have been reading alot about how much trouble 90210 had getting out of 'Gossip Girls' shadow (I assume because the characters were all around the same age). Would it be wiser for MP to possibly go with older characters so as to avoid the same situation?
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:19 am

I say yes, focus on older characters in both senses of the word. In age, (after the CW cannot survive on teen shows alone) and I think it would also be wiser to focus more on the old characters we've come to know and love, then trying to get us used to the new ones, which is what 90210 seems to be doing more...
Back to top Go down
LauraVision

LauraVision

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:40 am

thats my thoughts exact! It's like how Melrose's fan base grew in the later seasons 3/4/5 when everyone was a bit older and all the bed hopping and blackmailing was a little more 'realistic' than if teens were doing it!
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:17 pm

Get Ready: here is some info about the new characters, at least they are taking one of my ideas and Jake's son will indeed be one of the new Melrosians, so either Jake will be around sometimes if Grant agress to do it, or they'll make up some excuse about where he is, or sadly, say he died if not, but I hope this means Grant will make occasional appearances...

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/02/exclusive-look.html
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Let's review each character, shall we:

The new Jake and Amanda are... David Patterson and Ella Flynn. He's Melrose royalty, the now-grown son of the original Jake, with the taut abs and thick black book to prove it. She's his omnisexual sometime lover, a PR whiz whose tongue is as sharp as her stilettos.

Okay, again cool we get Jake's son, just have him played by someone hotter than Jeremy Lelliot, this is Jake's son, after all...

Could this PR whiz be working at Amanda Woodward Advertising????

The new Billy and Allison are... Jonah Miller and Riley Richmond. He's a Kevin Smith wannabe whose obsession with his movies is unlikely to give him a happy ending with his sickly-sweet schoolteacher fiancee -- especially when she takes a shine to the glamorous life he loathes.

Guess this guy is going to be into movie making like Billy with his writing in the beginning, will his first screen play be "The Big Shock", at least they are doing things slightly different by having this couple engaged and not just meeting each as roomates...

The new Matt is... Auggie Kirkpatrick. A hunky hippie, this recovering alcoholic is willing to give everybody the benefit of the doubt. No word on whether the word sucker will be tattooed on Debbie Downer's forehead, but come on…

A Naive alcholic, do we have a male Alison here?

The new Jane is... Lauren Bishop. Sort of an anti-Michael, this straight-arrow med student falls on such hard times that she's forced to pull a Sydney and trade sexual favors for financial ones.

A med student, I knew, at none other than Wilshire Memorial, where the Chief of Staff is GUESS WHO..paging Dr. Mancini..secondly, I think I speak for everyone here, when I say, the only person I want to pull a Sydney is Sydney! Bring back Sydney!

The new Sydney is... Violet Foster. Though she's fresh off the turnip truck, this small-town teen already has a worldly-wise m.o.: play the sex kitten till you're ready to bare your claws.

Again, don't really want a new Sydney, they just won't compare to the old one, but these character descriptions aren't too bad, I KNEW they were going to have David in there, and have a Med student so Michael could be in the picture...
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:35 pm

and not to mention could the recovering alcoholic HAPPEN to meet up with a certain former Melrosian in AA? lol!
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Finally some interesting news! I like the character descriptions, just hope they cast the right people. Although they forgot the psycho resident hehehe. No, we don't need that dork who played his son in season 5. I'd prefer Henry jr from season 1 over him Wink

Glad they will keep the hospital around, I wonder if Dr. Mancini is still the chief of staff...
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Yeah, they forgot the Pysho, it's true, but maybe they'll be cast later, after all, Kimberly came into the picture a couple of months into the series, and no, they didn't have a Michael-type character, but hopefully we won't need a new Michael if we have the OLD Michael...and while I think would be interesting to still see him as Chief of Staff, chances are he's screwed up somehow in the last 10 years and no longer has the position...but that doesn't mean he cannot still work at Wilshire Memorial or be involved there somehow..
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:53 pm

By the way, I happened to catch it last night, and it seems Grants character on Private Practice is dying from some parasite infecting his brain (could it be Alison? After he said in season 5 he just couldn't get her off his mind, haha) Anyway, so hopefully this frees him up for MP...
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:42 pm

I too bet he screwed up. It would be interesting to see him in another position on a lower level. And it would be cool to see him reunited with Peter.

What kind of disease is that? Something they made up. He's picking a Dr. Shaw kind of death than, like gradually. You can't compare Kimberly coming into the series a few months later when they already have cast characters similar to Amanda and Sydney ya know! (That's what I meant)Of course there can be a psycho later, but you get what I mean?
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:16 pm

Yeah, it's similar to a brain tumor, so like Kimberly in Season 5, yep, we're just watching him slowly die. I am also tired of hearing fans complain about wanting him on Swingtown and saying how they know him from that show. NO, he is Jake, my white knight with the IQ of a rock, forever lol!

Good point, we said they needed to move faster, and obviously Marcia is going to have nothing to do with the new MP, so yes, they need a new psycho...
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:32 pm

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Melrose-Remake-Greenlight-1003286.aspx

Okay, part of me wants a Billy-Alison reunion, and now that Andrew Shue's brother is involved...but seriously, the guy cannot act, PLEASE get in touch with Thomas Calabro and Grant Show...and c'mon they are about to shoot the pilot, are the old cast members NOT going to be on it? C'mon, who's joining the cast? They said we'd hear casting news by the end of this month likely, so I am expecting announcements any day now...stay tuned as we're soon to find out which of our beloved Melrosians will once again be gracing our TV screens...
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Meet Billy 2.0 and Amanda 2.0   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:53 pm

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE9dOi9hSO02ca

http://televisionista.blogspot.com/2009/03/katie-cassidy-joins-melrose-place-20.html
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Mischa Barton?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:19 pm

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Melrose-Place-Remake-100357.aspx?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=imdb&profileid=01
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Felicity Huffman doesn't want Dr. Shaw back   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 6:50 pm

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b102471_felicity_marcia_stay_away_from_new.html

Screw you Felicity Huffman! I hope Kimberbree makes your life a living hell on Wisteria Lane Smile
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 7:14 pm

Stupid bitch, doesn't she realize that DH has used some plot lines from MP AND even stolen lines like when Tom told Lynette her wig was crooked, and she is dissing MP? Please, DH WISHES it was MP...and I'll take Dr. Shaw over Bree any day...In my opinion, Wisteria Lane is the address should've stay away from, Bree is getting more boring by the episode...

Kimberly promises to make Felicity's life a living hell and she always keeps her promises Very Happy (I know Amanda is the one who said that, but it works Razz) Kimberly and that psycho little girl need to team up and get her! lol!
Back to top Go down
NotTheDoctorKim
Admin
NotTheDoctorKim

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:32 am

From E! Online Ask Ausiello:

Question: Got any casting scoop for the new Melrose Place? Dig deep! --Owen
Ausiello: I hear Heather Locklear is pretty much a lock to reclaim her "Very Special Guest Star" title.

I think she has been planning to say yes for awhile, she is just playing hard to get since she knows they want her so badly, and the ball is really in her court here...
Back to top Go down
Mancini
Admin
Mancini

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:54 pm

Thanks for the scoop Dr. Kim! "A Very Special Guest Star" ha ha, well of course Heather honey plays hard to get, she wants to be wanted Razz About Felicity Huffmann I agree with you, she's a bitch for saying that. She probably convinces both Marcia and Doug to don't return, she's probably just jealous she was never on the show herself...

I haven't even watched most of this DH season, maybe 2 out of 9 episodes aired. Marcia Cross' character is indeed boring, they all are!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?   Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possibility of a new Melrose Place spin-off?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next